hydraulic seat 1086?

Donnie

AE40D3A2-E4E8-43BA-844A-5E87DA6A0ECE.thumb.jpeg.fd7fbd84147c9f62a114486a936feac7.jpegHey guys! just trying to work my way towards the shift linkage and then the top of the transmission, this hydraulic seat is something else to get out omg... Been taking it out in pieces,backrest, seat base, now the hydraulic scissor base. Is it worth putting back in after or no? If no does anyone know if i can cap those lines somewhere or do they need to make up a loop?

Thanks in advance.

Cap the lines where they come up to floor. 

There are 3 bolts where the back wall meets base of seat assembly at the floor. 2 on the front near your heels.  Lift entire assembly up. You don't  need to remove anymore  of the seat stuff from the base. It should be manageable now. 

Edit: I missed part of your post. If your putn air ride back in, yep jus cap the lines under the floor board  and ditch the rest.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ole 815 said:

Cap the lines where they come up to floor. 

There are 3 bolts where the back wall meets base of seat assembly at the floor. 2 on the front near your heels.  Lift entire assembly up. You don't  need to remove anymore  of the seat stuff from the base. It should be manageable now. 

Edit: I missed part of your post. If your putn air ride back in, yep jus cap the lines under the floor board  and ditch the rest.

Just also wondering if its a good system to keep it or no? Get a new seat?

There are still some restoration demand for this seat. Sold a complete assembly last week for a respectable $. Those of us that use these old  reliables ,and depend on them, need a comfortable seat.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Donnie said:

Just also wondering if its a good system to keep it or no? Get a new seat?

There are alot of them in tractors yet. Some jus like to get away from the oil mess, and not have to fix leaky seat cylinders.

• Like 2

The hydraulic seat on my 1486 was nothing but a solid rock anymore. I thought the parts to rebuild the old were too expensive so I spent about $1300 on the name brand air ride replacement. Not much fun to install either and lots of days I wish I had rebuilt the old seat or replaced it with the standard suspension seat. Air ride rides nice, but for me are harder to get in and out and PTO and backing seems harder. Just does not fit like original.

• Like 1

I usually sold a customer an air suspension when either the accumulator went bad. Never had a customer say he missed his oil seat. The fore/aft on an air is what really makes a nice ride

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cedar farm said:

I usually sold a customer an air suspension when either the accumulator went bad. Never had a customer say he missed his oil seat. The fore/aft on an air is what really makes a nice ride

Any recommendations?

• Like 1

We were a K & M dealer. They are out of Renville, MN. They always had quality seats and suspensions. you could order them as an assembly or just the base and use your old cushions. The biggest thing is make sure it has fore/aft. CaseIH offered an economy air seat without fore/aft. Sold a couple of those to customers that requested them and later regretted them.

Plugs in the lines when you remove the seat

That seat system is a pretty good ride already -- add the fore-n-aft if you want
it is just a part that goes between the seat and suspension on most aftermarket "seats" anyways

Re-seal the cylinder if there is any oil mess -- easy todo
and re-charge the accumulator -- uses nitrogen @90 psi

If the accumulator internal bag is busted , the replacement can be expensive
Greer made the original
but you can remote mount a different accumulator beside the seat using a hose
or rig up a shop made expansion tank -- a propane torch cylinder works for this mod and is cheap

We remove the 5 bolts holding the floor support (and lines) -- then (2 guys) lay the whole thing in the rear window
works best if you have the complete seat there

Also -- out the rear window onto forklift is the easiest way to get that seat out of the cab

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I put a Sears air ride seat in my 5488 ten plus years ago and would never go back to the old seat. Far better ride and also put a swivel base in. We use the tractor on the chopper and it’s nice to turn the seat for less stress on the neck. Have 2 hydraulic seat not being used if any body is interested.