1966 R190 Re-Decked

IzzieTrooper

@td9bcf180

Howdy!

Wanted to post something of substance. Pardon my lag in replying! Perhaps it's bad form/poor ownership but I've no idea what's in the truck engine or transmission wise. I'm guessing/hoping an RD406 - 450. I haven't gotten under the hood yet like I should, just replaced filters/fluids so far.

Now! What I did discover and suspicion. While I was doing this decking project I found that at some point in the past the frame was cut and welded then a sleeve bolted on. I'm suspicious that this truck used to be tandem rear axle/longer and it was cut down. Originally it was purchased/used at Kooskia Airport ID until 2004! 

Regards,

Trooper.

Looks really nice!

DWF

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 3:51 AM, jeeper61 said:

Nice job way better than the rotten deck now it’s usable 

13 hours ago, DWF said:

Looks really nice!

DWF

13 hours ago, acem said:

Great Job!

Appreciate it. 😁

I'm very pleased with how it came out. It'll be even better after the wood dries out and I can seal/paint!

Regards,

Troop.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 11:16 PM, IzzieTrooper said:

@td9bcf180

Howdy!

Wanted to post something of substance. Pardon my lag in replying! Perhaps it's bad form/poor ownership but I've no idea what's in the truck engine or transmission wise. I'm guessing/hoping an RD406 - 450. I haven't gotten under the hood yet like I should, just replaced filters/fluids so far.

Hey- no problem, Trooper. Deck looks real good. It probably was a tandem at one time. If you can find the serial number I think you can get a Line Setting Ticket with original specs. from the Wisconsin Historical Society website.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, td9bcf180 said:

Hey- no problem, Trooper. Deck looks real good. It probably was a tandem at one time. If you can find the serial number I think you can get a Line Setting Ticket with original specs. from the Wisconsin Historical Society website.

I have my serial number but I'm not having much luck with it.

My serial no. is; "FD 109807 F"

I'll go look for a VIN when I get a moment.

I'm asleep at the wheel, Trooper.  I said "serial number" when its the VIN you need, as you know.  Canucks usually say "sorry- I owe you a coffee and donut at Timmys!"   

• Thanks 1

The serial number is as close to a VIN as you'll find. The BMV probably combined the model with the serial for a VIN on the title.  The WHS should be able to get your lineset with that serial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rustred said:

nice job! yes agree with the sealing of the wood. it will rot in no time.

Looking forward to putting some rust-stop on the bed, some oil based paint, and sealing that wood really good. 

As before mentioned, was just a quick job to get a usable deck. Certainly better than the previous deck! 🙃