Prayers for a friend

searcyfarms

Seen people die from less. Your friend has been through alot, very blessed to still be here. Will say a prayer for him

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, farmall666 said:

PRAYERS FROM WISCNSI..WAS THE OTHER GUY DWI ?

i am not sure i havent heard anything about him or if Austin had heard anything about it, I plan to visit him again tomorrow and he should be more alert he was fighting the effects of anesthesia when i was there tuesday - the guys name is John Lundin and from Topeka KS from the highway patrol crash report, we have the ability to look up criminal history in missouri on Casenet and it shows he was convicted of criminal speeding in 2010 of 11-15mph over so possibly a reduced infration of something else you just never know. Since he is from KS not sure what his history is there. I dont knwo of a way to look up in KS or if they have a system like case net in missouri. 

Just saw this. Looking at the pictures and reading his injuries makes my body and heart hurt for the poor fellow. Prayers on the way. 

Would say he is very lucky to still be with us.

• Like 2

Pray for full recovery 

• Thanks 1

The Lord still must have plans for this young man down here on earth

Sending prayers for strength and healing, comfort and patience. 

• Thanks 2

Prayers from Central Iowa. 

My sister had similar injuries in a bad wreck in March 1995. She survived and your friend seems to be on a path to recovery as well. I will keep him in my thoughts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i was off today due to working tomorrow and austin was more awake - he is at the cusp of unconscious due to the pain meds - he is in less pain until they try to move him around to use the bed pan and to keep a handle on the bed sores 

they are trying to figure out a plan for inpatient rehab but due to his lack of mobility and severness of his injuries its going to be a bit - they will start with one hour of rehab / day and eventually move to 3 - he cant fit in a wheelchair because he is not able to bend his legs or at the hips 

it will be a while before he can bend for a chair let alone be able to fit in a vehicle to be hauled to/from any rehab so the game begins

kind of reminds me of our cheering and daily update for Zach!!! 

All in All, he is doing good for what he has been thru - he is safe, healing, in less pain, and so many praying - true story, he has to nurses today and I met one of them while there here name was Hope and the other ones name was Faith - how do you beat that ? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

May God give healing!  I have seen some remarkable recoveries from life threatening injuries!

We put in 4 long days on the road this week and I can’t help but think, when cruising along at 70 mph, that I am one bad move away from a spectacular wreck.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Gearclash said:

May God give healing!  I have seen some remarkable recoveries from life threading injuries!

We put in 4 long days on the road this week and I can’t help but think, when cruising along at 70 mph, that I am one bad move away from a spectacular wreck.

Be careful

Prayers for ease of pain and a speedy recovery for your friend. My jaw dropped looking at those pictures. An angel was definitely riding shotgun with him. I was in a traumatic accident and the recovery process seemed like it'd be forever. 2 years now and I'm just starting to get back to " normal". Just remind him " 1 day at a time " 1st time sitting up, 1st time stepping out of bed, 1st step, eating real food etc. Might not seem like a big deal but they're a huge accomplishment in the step to recovery. He'll definitely see how many people love and support him. Also tell him don't be afraid to speak up if something doesn't feel right keep reminding the nurses or doctors until it gets looked at. Also document everything! Take lots and lots of pictures take notes of pain and struggles from day one at the hospital to doing every day tasks at home in the future. Sadly the afternoon of my accident my wife had to get an attorney cause I was getting so many calls from "ambulance  chasers", and I wasn't even landed yet and got a voice-mail from the driver's insurance wanting to statement from me......  of course in shock and not with it. Don't let him or his gf talk to anyone until one is lined up. The pictures and attorney really covered my backside and helped me in my case. The biggest struggle was just mental support wondering how I'd be me anymore, how I'd be a dad, run our little farm, or work full time again. I asked to talk to someone at the hospital and the 2 ladies they sent in were a joke and made the situation worst. I found a fourm where I could chat with ppl or read their stories and it felt good to know I wasn't alone and ppl understood.  Please keep up updated on your friend.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2024 at 7:27 PM, searcyfarms said:

kind of reminds me of our cheering and daily update for Zach!!! 

All in All, he is doing good for what he has been thru - he is safe, healing, in less pain, and so many praying - true story, he has to nurses today and I met one of them while there here name was Hope and the other ones name was Faith - how do you beat that ? 

he’s got it worse than i did. only real pain i had was in beginning where i felt like a platoon of oompa-loompas wielding tiki-torches were burning me from inside out. far cry from this gentleman.

we will keep praying on here for him—seems to have helped me!

And we all know it’s in the Bible the Man Upstairs has a soft spot for Red equipment !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Checked on him a couple x this week - hes still laying flat on his back - they rotate him several x per day to help with bed sores - sponge baths - bed pans and cathaters ( sp chk) he is in a lot of pain when they roll him on his sides - he was turned down by two care facilities - one because he is under 55 and the other not equipped to deal with his injuries/needs - he has a lead on another one they plan to contact tuesday due to the holiday tomoro - no more surgeries planned currently - hes frustrated of course but hanging in there - thanks for all your prayers - no complications - his sights getting better and can open that eye better too

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 1/14/2024 at 3:00 PM, searcyfarms said:

Checked on him a couple x this week - hes still laying flat on his back - they rotate him several x per day to help with bed sores - sponge baths - bed pans and cathaters ( sp chk) he is in a lot of pain when they roll him on his sides - he was turned down by two care facilities - one because he is under 55 and the other not equipped to deal with his injuries/needs - he has a lead on another one they plan to contact tuesday due to the holiday tomoro - no more surgeries planned currently - hes frustrated of course but hanging in there - thanks for all your prayers - no complications - his sights getting better and can open that eye better too

I think the catheters and edema's were my worst experience at the hospital other than over flowing a bed pan x2( imagine a 5 gallon milk shake getting dumped into a rubber maid container) or dreaming I was chaining oil on a tractor and it was dripping on my lap........the catheter leaking.  I was turned down by places because I was either too young, too banged up, or not enough banged up. It's super frustrating but then a few days went by and I could start doing things on my own.  Just remind him 1 day at a time, and each one will be better than the next. Goof friends and company really boosts spirits and you sound like an A+ friend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update - talked to Austin tonite - he got moved to a extended care facility - he was in hospital 32 days - hes the youngest guy there - his eye continues to improve and expected to mk a full recovery - arm is going to survive its bad looking and kinda hard to look at - he was on a gurney for the 20 ish mile trip and the bumps hurt bad -  he can sit with his stiff legs resting on floor at an angle but it hurts his busted hips n legs to the point of close to passing out so someone has to be present the entire time to rescue him - they plan to start stationary therapy because he is immobile - basic stuff like bend at shoulder - elbow - neck - simple stuff - thx for the prayers - if u want to see arm pm me its not meant for everyone 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7