Damn Glad 2023 is Gone!

Diesel Doctor

For me personally 2023 was not all that bad even though there were challenges business-wise and personally.  The biggest problem I face personally is that my body is starting to catch up with my chronological age.  I'm kind of worried as to where the commodity prices are going in 2024.  Booms used to be more pronounced as input costs did not move so readily with commodity prices like they do currently.  

And no more “d in 23” posts! The green and yellow boys were frothing at the mouth over that ridiculousness.

• Confused 1

I can't say I hold high hopes for 2024 world wise but we are all a gear in how that big machine turns, 2023 had me retire, wasn't anticipated but my employer asked me to do something I wasn't behind and comfortable with so I pulled the pin, day 1 of retirement I had another employer call me and have gone back part time back on the tools and have been really enjoying this and shedding all the accumulated stress. Hopefully this spring has me setting out on a year motorcycle adventure traveling north America and an opportunity to meet some of the fine folks here.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, hardtail said:

I can't say I hold high hopes for 2024 world wise but we are all a gear in how that big machine turns, 2023 had me retire, wasn't anticipated but my employer asked me to do something I wasn't behind and comfortable with so I pulled the pin, day 1 of retirement I had another employer call me and have gone back part time back on the tools and have been really enjoying this and shedding all the accumulated stress. Hopefully this spring has me setting out on a year motorcycle adventure traveling north America and an opportunity to meet some of the fine folks here.

Well if the cycle leads you into Alaska stop by and say hello, otherwise, congratulations 

• Like 2

22 was a rough year for me.  23 was busy,  but good.  High hopes for 24.  Come and see us Iowa Folks in June for the Red Power Roundup in Spencer Iowa!  That alone will make 24 a good one....😀

• Like 3

On 1/1/2024 at 3:44 PM, supermpuller said:

record crop prices and yields in my area,you could have locked in corn over 6 .00 and beans 0ver  14.00.

And does it really matter when everything else doubled or more in price???

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

IMG_9304.jpeg

I don’t know what you’re afraid of, it ALMOST can’t be worse.

• Like 1

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Of all the members here wishing to say goodbye to 23 your sense of humor kills me

9 minutes ago, hardtail said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Of all the members here wishing to say goodbye to 23 your sense of humor kills me

i’m first to admit— i’d love to kick this past year firmly in its proverbial balls!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...