Grass clipping cancer....

Mr. Plow

Well, the zero turn deck was worse than I thought......what looked like a few holes ended up being a rusted out hanger bracket too.

Lining up some winter work for the shop.....looks like some work for the big blue glue gun and some 1/8" steel.

20231227_191159.jpg

20231227_191154.jpg

20231227_191150.jpg

• Sad 2

Actually it's first job was today....a bracket to support my drill press / tie it to the wall so i can avoid drilling the floor to secure it.

But it will make a good second project for it!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok... what's that there plastic gauge thingy... do tell.  Never seen one of them used before when leveling a deck?

5 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Ok... what's that there plastic gauge thingy... do tell.  Never seen one of them used before when leveling a deck?

Screenshot_20240211_185755_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Plow said:

Screenshot_20240211_185755_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Never seen one before!  I always used a level and a tape measure to get my decks adjusted.  Never knew it existed.  Learn something new every day!

Very useful and less than $10.   Cub cadet had a version that was a direct copy,  as does Oregon.   

10x easier than tape and level.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

guess that is what I gotta do to my z-force 48 deck! they were made kinda junky---well the whole mower is junky but I keep throwing new parts on it to keep it running. --- worst buy of my life when I got stuck with it!

I don't expect my 2001 Cub Cadet 365L to act like a commercial mower......but will say the 54" deck repaired above is one of their better cutters!