2cyl fuel mix

F-301066460puller

I've by using the synthetic Opti2 oil for many years with no problems.  One ketchup packet per gallon of gasScreenshot_20231207-224643.thumb.png.b7677bd94462ce45990706b54d8562d9.png for all different mixes.  I started using when weed eater, chainsaw and post hole digger all took different mixes.  I put chainsaw gas in the digger and it wouldn't run right.

I have a Lawn boy push mower that was bought sometime in the 90's. They want you to run 32-1, I suppose to keep the mosquitos down or keep oil sales up? Always ran it at 50-1! For the first half of it's life or more it ran OMC TCW-3 oil. After I ran out of that it got whatever high quality oil I had. Somewhere about 2008 I gave it an 'overhaul', that's one ring and two gaskets if memory serves. Piston and cylinder were perfect. Still running to this day. Had to replace wheels on it multiple times.

Run all my Stihl stuff on their oil at the prescribed mix rates. Keep cans marked 'Stihl' and 'Lawn mower'. Once the house in town sells, the Lawn boy's future is uncertain! Might get given away or just scrapped, not sure anyone would actually want it? Might keep it and mow around the house for the exercise, just not sure I'll be able to get myself motivated to do it though?

• Like 1

I've always just bought a 6 pack of Stihl oil.  You just dump 1 jar into 1 gallon of gas.  Never really paid attention to what the ratio is but just did the math and it's 50:1.  I use that in my weed eater, leaf blower, and chain saw.  My weed eater and leaf blower are at least 20 years old.  I had to replace the carburetor once on my leaf blower but have never done anything to the weed eater.  The weed eater still starts great but started running a little rough until you get to WOT this past summer.  I may just get a new 1 before spring.  I'd say 20 years of service is pretty good.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 8:32 AM, Diesel Doctor said:

Oil Thread, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I bought my Christmas present and ordered a Dewalt 20v string trimmer.

I am tired of yanking on that Echo string, carrying a pocket screwdriver for carb adjustment and running out of gas at the far end of the yard.

The Echo goes up for sale come spring.

After I have tried and proven the Dewalt.

I would rather fill the tank then to wait on the battery to charge...lol

I dropped in on a golf cart forum a couple months back , and they are talking about mixes at 100:1. This seems surreal to me; but even in the ‘80s when Bel-Ray came out with MC-1+ they were talking about 80:1 with appropriate jetting changes, so I guess another 40 year of technological advancement in oils as well as engines, I guess another 20 parts less is not such a big deal.

That little 58cc 20" slant eyed saw runs like a champ! I put 2 bottles of the stihl ultra in a gallon and in the 3rd tug it burped by the 4th it was running. In a past life I sold Stihl products for a place I was employed. They never did that on first start up. First pull every other time I had to start it. 

Happy so far

Chain sucks tho lol