allis parts

pt756

I did a major transmission job for a guy who's D17 was jumping out of 3rd and 4th. AGCO had every part gears and all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

a search shows used to new available

maybe they were shopping for a 50 cent one.......

I find lots of folks looking for those versions of many items. 

I am told power director parts are like hen’s teeth, but I haven’t dug in to try either. The D14 needs some serious TLC including looking into why the power director has no neutral position. I may find out soon. 

5 hours ago, DT Fan said:

vt, I don't think power director parts are that hard to come by. I can check into that a bit if you'd like?

Quite interested, I assume the clutch pack is worn out, i have read the manual about them but have never actually had it apart, in fact I don’t think this tractor has ever been split. The right brake is shot, power director is not working as it should (no neutral) but it is all original, all there, and almost never spent a night outside, so well worth the time and investment. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Quite interested, I assume the clutch pack is worn out, i have read the manual about them but have never actually had it apart, in fact I don’t think this tractor has ever been split. The right brake is shot, power director is not working as it should (no neutral) but it is all original, all there, and almost never spent a night outside, so well worth the time and investment. 

When you say, "no neutral", can you elaborate on that? Those tractors will 'creep' when the lever is in neutral. Colder the oil is the worse they creep. Here's a link; http://www.youtube.com/embed/BHuIzQy8xK4?hl=en&fs=1

11 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

When you say, "no neutral", can you elaborate on that? Those tractors will 'creep' when the lever is in neutral. Colder the oil is the worse they creep. Here's a link; http://www.youtube.com/embed/BHuIzQy8xK4?hl=en&fs=1

My understanding is that in the center the power director can be utilized to effectively get live PTO or to creep the tractor forward/back 

2 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

My understanding is that in the center the power director can be utilized to effectively get live PTO or to creep the tractor forward/back 

That's true but the oil drag on the clutch plates will still move the the machine some. My 185 will sit still once the oil is hot, if you point it uphill just a little. Otherwise, better take it out of gear. It could use a brake job too. My understanding is that that is no fun on those. Probably wait until I get out of the factory, and the new shop is available!

Not sure on the brakes on a D-14, thinking they may be like an early D-17 or WD? If that style their not bad to do, once you get the anchor pin out of the bottom. Getting the pins out can be a nightmare!

I've got so many projects I'm waiting on the new shop for, it will take 10 years to get them all done and I just keep dragging them home!

Here’s a link to Wellerts , best Allis place I know of , got my plow bolts there in West Salem ,Ohio 

posting a link ,hope it helps anyone interested .

https://www.wellertsallischalmersparts.com

good luck 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

That's true but the oil drag on the clutch plates will still move the the machine some. My 185 will sit still once the oil is hot, if you point it uphill just a little. Otherwise, better take it out of gear. It could use a brake job too. My understanding is that that is no fun on those. Probably wait until I get out of the factory, and the new shop is available!

Not sure on the brakes on a D-14, thinking they may be like an early D-17 or WD? If that style their not bad to do, once you get the anchor pin out of the bottom. Getting the pins out can be a nightmare!

I've got so many projects I'm waiting on the new shop for, it will take 10 years to get them all done and I just keep dragging them home!

Brake’s didn’t look complex but you kind of had to commit and dig right in.