Don’t speed in New York

1256pickett

I knew this was coming when they went to cashless tolls couple years ago. They got cameras now on basically the entire thruway to mail you a speeding ticket. Of course they will mail it to you 1-6 weeks later so if you travel regularly they will get you a few times before you know it. I’ll stop now before I go political 

71CEC029-9CB0-40B2-B045-E8EAF03F9AAA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yea I already got one this summer

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, int 504 said:

Do they have cameras everywhere or do they do it by elapsed time between toll stations?

I’m not sure. I don’t want to find out. I’m not real thrilled with their cashless toll system to begin with. Couple times I’ve had a single trip on the thruway split up to get billed in two parts a month apart. I avoid it as much as I can. Even more now. 

• Like 1

Wonder what sort of leeway they will give? As it is now you need to be doing some pretty egregious to get a ticket on the highway. If they start handing out fines for 1+ MPH over that’s going to be pretty wild. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Wonder what sort of leeway they will give? As it is now you need to be doing some pretty egregious to get a ticket on the highway. If they start handing out fines for 1+ MPH over that’s going to be pretty wild. 

The typical Marxist modus operandi is to start small and move upscale on the installment plan so as not to make large waves, not unlike plunking a lobster in cold water and slowly boiling it to death so it doesn't notice until it's rather late in the game.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Drysleeves said:

The typical Marxist modus operandi is to start small and move upscale on the installment plan so as not to make large waves, not unlike plunking a lobster in cold water and slowly boiling it to death so it doesn't notice until it's rather late in the game.

Third party is the revenue maker,once they grease the correct pockets its no holds.

15 years back when the state "gifted" the systems ,locals did it in house ,specifically targeting and trapping ,exploitable s ...out of town, kids ,trucks etc.

Firemen actually boycotted various union ways and it was forced 3rd party ,s only the "elite" get a pass.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mmi said:

Third party is the revenue maker,once they grease the correct pockets its no holds.

15 years back when the state "gifted" the systems ,locals did it in house ,specifically targeting and trapping ,exploitable s ...out of town, kids ,trucks etc.

Firemen actually boycotted various union ways and it was forced 3rd party ,s only the "elite" get a pass.

There's a surprise. The kids of the phony elite aren't required to go fight the foreign "expeditions" their parents ignite for profiteering either.

• Like 1

Terrible.Their excuse to have cops sitting along roads issuing speeding tickets is that they are visible and traffic will slow for their "safety ".Like the government is really concerned about us.This is just another tax,money grab on honest working people because they are the ONLY ones that will pay fines.Drug dealers,criminals,illegal aliens and the ones without drivers licenses will not care and  are not affected.In fact since no cops will be out there they will be less afraid of being caught and the public more at risk.

• Like 2

We got one last year.  

A friend of mine got one when his wife was out of town, they mailed him a picture along with the ticket. 

The main problem with that was that the picture showed another man driving.  They are now divorced.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

We got one last year.  

A friend of mine got one when his wife was out of town, they mailed him a picture along with the ticket. 

The main problem with that was that the picture showed another man driving.  They are now divorced.

Oops 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

We got one last year.  

Cheapest or most expensive ticket he ever got depending on how he looks at it 

• Like 3

This is common practice in Europe for years already. Not just camera's to catch someone speeding in the moment, but also systems where they check your average speed over a certain stretch of road. These last ones are pretty effective, because its not like usual, braking for the camera before speeding up again. In the Netherlands, when caught, they don't even photograph your face, just the license plate. The fine then is sent to the person owning the vehicle. This for privacy reasons. Figure yourself out who was speeding. It takes 1 to 2 weeks max before the ticket is received.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farmall 1466 said:

This is common practice in Europe for years already. Not just camera's to catch someone speeding in the moment, but also systems where they check your average speed over a certain stretch of road. These last ones are pretty effective, because its not like usual, braking for the camera before speeding up again. In the Netherlands, when caught, they don't even photograph your face, just the license plate. The fine then is sent to the person owning the vehicle. This for privacy reasons. Figure yourself out who was speeding. It takes 1 to 2 weeks max before the ticket is received.

I’m of the opinion that most of our ancestors left Europe for a reason. We don’t need to establish a new Europe here again. 
Please take your round abouts, camera speed enhancements and all of the rest back to Europe with you!

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

I’m of the opinion that most of our ancestors left Europe for a reason. We don’t need to establish a new Europe here again. 
Please take your round abouts, camera speed enhancements and all of the rest back to Europe with you!

I’ll second that motion! All in favor……

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lazy WP said:

Sioux Falls put in one of those $%^& roundabouts on the south side. One car goes and the 5-10 behind that car follow right behind them. There I sat. Take turns. Yah right. 15 or so years ago my wife pulled up to one in MO about two in the morning. Wasnt sure where to exit. 20 miles later figured out I made a wrong decision. 

1 hour ago, Lazy WP said:

Maybe float CA over as a return gift also

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

Sioux Falls put in one of those $%^& roundabouts on the south side. One car goes and the 5-10 behind that car follow right behind them. There I sat. Take turns. Yah right. 15 or so years ago my wife pulled up to one in MO about two in the morning. Wasnt sure where to exit. 20 miles later figured out I made a wrong decision. 

Has anybody watched figure 8 racing? My neighbor used to race regular street stocks and he said those boys ain’t right. No fear was a phrase years ago but these guys have no brains. The state put one of those roundabouts on the two main state two lanes in our county, rts 20&60. It reminds me of figure 8 racing. If you hesitate for a second your probably gonna get hit, either in front or in back. 

Man.... here i like the roundabout.  Besides idio....i mean Canadians they work fine.  Otherwise we could hardly get over the highway.  I get people dont understand them yet.  But you yield left car.  If that car on the left aint in the circle you FRIIIKIN GO.  Here that is the main issue.  People sit with their head in their.....   and wait.  No ONE has a right of way.  It all equal and you go if car to you left isnt in.  So simple.  I even just creep out in the KW and "cut guys" off.  They honk and such but hey you were 20' from that line on the road and i was rolling in.  I HAVE the circle now cupcakes.  Kid just got out of drivers ed and they really worked the roundabout procedures thankfully.  And turn signals.  What? You cant use them while turning ? Idiots

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TroyDairy said:

Man.... here i like the roundabout.  Besides idio....i mean Canadians they work fine.  Otherwise we could hardly get over the highway.  I get people dont understand them yet.  But you yield left car.  If that car on the left aint in the circle you FRIIIKIN GO.  Here that is the main issue.  People sit with their head in their.....   and wait.  No ONE has a right of way.  It all equal and you go if car to you left isnt in.  So simple.  I even just creep out in the KW and "cut guys" off.  They honk and such but hey you were 20' from that line on the road and i was rolling in.  I HAVE the circle now cupcakes.  Kid just got out of drivers ed and they really worked the roundabout procedures thankfully.  And turn signals.  What? You cant use them while turning ? Idiots

The big problem with ours is they made it too small. They had existing buildings on all four corners. I get along with it ok but you half to look halfway around and not just to your left. Once they get in the circle it’s full throttle. Not too hard for someone with a brain but we all know there are a bunch of scarecrows out there. 

• Like 1

I've noticed more NYS trooper cars on non-toll roads in the last couple of months so I imagine that more tickets are being handed out on those roads.  So there is a ripple effect going on at least here in NY.  Roundabouts in my mind are the work of the devil himself.  But at least it is the so called better people in the wealthy suburbs who are mostly cursed by them.  Workable in very light traffic volumes but a nightmare where two or more major roadways are joined up.  I'm guessing the rate of traffic accidents are higher at these intersections since the roundabouts went in.  There is also an increase in new traffic lights at previously signed intersections.  I took note of one on 5 & 20 west of Canandaigua, NY this past Saturday.  The area never seemed like it had much in the way of side road traffic to require a light.  Also, more two stop signs for a lane coming to an intersection.  If people cut back on the ultra aggressive driving such as rolling through a stop sign at 40 MPH they would not be clipped by opposing traffic.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1256pickett said:

The big problem with ours is they made it too small. They had existing buildings on all four corners. I get along with it ok but you half to look halfway around and not just to your left. Once they get in the circle it’s full throttle. Not too hard for someone with a brain but we all know there are a bunch of scarecrows out there. 

Ultra-aggressive driving does not work with traffic circles.  Then you have the people with slow reaction time who plug a lane because they can't make quick observations as to vehicles in other parts of the circle.