Love this forum ( precision 1460)

dale560

Was reading the Christmas toy thread and seen they had a precision 1460. I had to stop at the dealer today to pick up the range shaft for our 1486 anyway the parts manager at our local dealer was a big toy guy. I asked him if they had any of the 1460s left to sell. He said he had some left and would put my name on one. He said he ordered 30 and has 9 left to sell yet. Just thinking man I should go get another to resell it in a bit.

08FCBCAE-74A8-47A8-9B32-407AA0579EF2.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Was reading the Christmas toy thread and seen they had a precision 1460. I had to stop at the dealer today to pick up the range shaft for our 1486 anyway the parts manager at our local dealer was a big toy guy. I asked him if they had any of the 1460s left to sell. He said he had some left and would put my name on one. He said he ordered 30 and has 9 left to sell yet. Just thinking man I should go get another to resell it in a bit.

08FCBCAE-74A8-47A8-9B32-407AA0579EF2.png

I'd be careful on the second unit.  Quite a few vendors such as Outback Toys have them advertised for 625.00 dollars.  Precision toy forage harvesters were big a few years ago and were selling at 300.00 plus dollars.  Now they are showing up for 200.00 dollars in the box.  

It was a big deal years ago when we would go to town and drive through the dealer lots. The 1460 and 1440 s would be lined up with and it was impressive the square back with folding ladder. All other combines had the side mount ladder and old style looks. The 1460 was impresssive to a 8 and 9 year old kids. Dad bought a almost new 79 1460 in 81. 

• Like 1

In short.... very, very short.... between the poor choice of construction materials & the details that have been presented/misrepresented..... NO!

When they start building them accurate, in full detail  & out of brass, I'll think about it.

Mike

• Like 1

Mine was as a very good machine but the owner had health issues and it got left outside for years. Engine got water in the exhaust and locked up. I had to pull it home.

Almost every part I pulled off this machine was in great condition (except for the engine). 

i have one ordered i had to put a deposit down on mine, when i seen it i had to have one, it was the first real combine i really ran and later owned for a few years, quite frankly the 1440-1460 built this farm they were literally the best combine ever made, running a 7088 now good machine but not as reliable as the ol 1460 was 

if it make you guys feel better about buying one mine was around $900 Canadian dollars ive slowed down on toy purchases due to this one, 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wheatking said:

i have one ordered i had to put a deposit down on mine, when i seen it i had to have one, it was the first real combine i really ran and later owned for a few years, quite frankly the 1440-1460 built this farm they were literally the best combine ever made, running a 7088 now good machine but not as reliable as the ol 1460 was 

if it make you guys feel better about buying one mine was around $900 Canadian dollars ive slowed down on toy purchases due to this one, 

Exactly what I was thinking. I ran the 1460 almost as much as the 915.  I was only 11 when it showed up but the 1460 was actually really a pretty well designed machine for the time . Dad had the f gleaner and 815 before the 1460 but he was really proud of the 1460. It was the combine that stayed the longest and got used the most. PS didn’t have to put any money down but this parts guy has been through 3 different owners and been in IH parts for 40 or more years.

• Like 1

I'd like to get one, but my budget for farm toy collectibles gets eaten up by my wife's ability to destroy mechanical things on her car.  

• Sad 1

Wonder if they would still do it in Spokane if one took it to them. Wrong tires for the hillside though. They will have to be swapped out. The interesting thing is I picked up a 1470 this summer that looks like a runner that cost less then the one pictured above.

• Like 1

I've heard it will be in the 250 range.  we looked at one at 

national toy show.  bottoms are trip able.  we'll be

adding it to our collection.  We have all the other precisions.

Duane