IH/Farmall parts up for auction

Takn4aFool

@Sledgehammer oops I see that it's a diesel now 

Screenshot_20231127-180333.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bitty said:

@Sledgehammer oops I see that it's a diesel now 

Screenshot_20231127-180333.png

That tractor has your name written aaaaaaall over it. ;v)

Mike

• Haha 1

Stupid on-line auctions! Tons of stuff I'd like to bid on there. 5 hours, (at least) away from me and load out is on Thursday from 9-3. That don't work for my schedule! If the timing were different, I'd have plenty of vacation time to do it, now I'm almost tapped out until after the first of the year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

Stupid on-line auctions! Tons of stuff I'd like to bid on there. 5 hours, (at least) away from me and load out is on Thursday from 9-3. That don't work for my schedule! If the timing were different, I'd have plenty of vacation time to do it, now I'm almost tapped out until after the first of the year.

i dont get online auctions or why anybody would buy anything on one. first u have a buyers premium of at least 10% then u waist three days of youre time to buy on them. 1 day going to look or inspect stuff. 1 day setting at computer to bid. and another day for picking up things. between premiums. time and money spent on gas  there not worth it for me

6 minutes ago, hippy5488 said:

i dont get online auctions or why anybody would buy anything on one. first u have a buyers premium of at least 10% then u waist three days of youre time to buy on them. 1 day going to look or inspect stuff. 1 day setting at computer to bid. and another day for picking up things. between premiums. time and money spent on gas  there not worth it for me

Unfortunately that will be the wave of the future. Larger scope of people and many owners don’t like the mess some of the attendees leave at their site after auction over.

35 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Unfortunately that will be the wave of the future. Larger scope of people and many owners don’t like the mess some of the attendees leave at their site after auction over.

Online auctions draw bidders from all over and there is usually one wild and crazy eyed bidder for each item.  I know of one area auctioneer that prefers online because of fewer auction day hassles.  

4 hours ago, hippy5488 said:

I prefer live auctions, but unfortunately I don't think online are going away.  And actually I probably waste more time at a live auction.  You don't have to spend a day in front of the computer, just decide what you are willing to pay, enter a max. bid, and walk away.  As for the buyers premium just factor that into your purchase price.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

I prefer live auctions, but unfortunately I don't think online are going away.  And actually I probably waste more time at a live auction.  You don't have to spend a day in front of the computer, just decide what you are willing to pay, enter a max. bid, and walk away.  As for the buyers premium just factor that into your purchase price.

I didn't look at the ending prices but if this was a 4 hour drive or so I would have bid on some things. Like you said you figure the final price, actually 10% makes it easier to make a fast decision if bidding in person with buyers penalty 

1 hour ago, bitty said:

I didn't look at the ending prices but if this was a 4 hour drive or so I would have bid on some things. Like you said you figure the final price, actually 10% makes it easier to make a fast decision if bidding in person with buyers penalty 

i didn't see any final prices yet but it looks like things are going cheap, still have 20 minutes until closing....like i said i'm only about 25 miles away

1 hour ago, Takn4aFool said:

i didn't see any final prices yet but it looks like things are going cheap, still have 20 minutes until closing....like i said i'm only about 25 miles away

Cheap except for the weights like always. #100's going for 140 or more EACH.  I  see a set of split rears went for $180.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

Cheap except for the weights like always. #100's going for 140 or more EACH.  I  see a set of split rears went for $180.

At Restoration Tractor sales first moving sale two sets of splits sold for $480 a set 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Takn4aFool said:

What is the story of this. Was it an estate sale? Parts guy ? 

Ok, don't feel so bad now. There were some bargains but most of the stuff I want/need went high enough I don't feel bad. Factor in the road time/cost of travel and probably wouldn't have saved a lot if any.

That would have been a really fun auction to attend in person if it had been live!

7 hours ago, DT Fan said:

That would have been a really fun auction to attend in person if it had been (only) live!

This is what would have been awesome with a huge trailer