Cooking/kitchen advise needed………

Lars (midessa)

3 hours ago, F-301066460puller said:

No idea why it's on it's side lol all a guy needs

Good thing it isn’t non-stick, the chicken would fall off. 

• Haha 3

On 11/27/2023 at 9:04 PM, Absent Minded Farmer said:

We got rid of the non stick stuff a while ago & switched to All Clad & some company who's name I can't pronounce. Temperature is everything. When you think it's hot enough, spritz some water on the pan (or spit). If it beads & sizzles off, you're ready.

Mike

Le Creuset? 

IMG_3063.jpeg

IMG_3064.jpeg

IMG_3066.jpeg

IMG_3067.jpeg

10 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Le Creuset? 

Had to look. Tramontia. Le Creuset is the big Dutch oven that weighs about as much as the oven.

Mike

Honestly, my iron skillets, like the rest of my dishes, get cleaned really good before they go in the sink or dishwasher. 

Cleaning skillets' my dogs' job.

When my kids were in grade school my daughter's friend Courtney stayed over for a couple nights while her (single) mom was on a business trip. They don't have a dishwasher so she normally had to wash dishes.

We put our dishes down for the dogs to clean. Then we showed her how we "stored" the dishes in the metal cabinet under the counter (she didn't know what a dishwasher was and didn't make the connection that we got dishes from the upper cabinet). I explained that out dogs washed our dishes for us so we don't have to. 

The night after she went home I received a call from her mother. She was quite upset, saying that Courtney refused to wash dishes because the dog can do it for her. Apparently there was quite a scene!

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, acem said:

Careful.

I have an old enameled cast iron skillet we used forever until I was told it had lead in the coating.

This is quite modern, something we bought within the last 15 years 

• Like 1

I can’t give up my coated egg pan. The coating never fails as long as I use only bamboo or silicone tools. First chip it’s scraped. Generally I get 10+ years if I can keep my Wife away from it.

For everything else I fry it’s a Griswold cast iron made in Erie PA. Third generation owner of the big 14” er.   
I just got curious and looked it up. It’s worth thousands according to Eb. What a crazy world!

18 minutes ago, just Dave said:

I can’t give up my coated egg pan. The coating never fails as long as I use only bamboo or silicone tools. First chip it’s scraped. Generally I get 10+ years if I can keep my Wife away from it.

For everything else I fry it’s a Griswold cast iron made in Erie PA. Third generation owner of the big 14” er.   
I just got curious and looked it up. It’s worth thousands according to Eb. What a crazy world!

When looking for one expect to pay between $25 and $2500 dollars. Some Of the price people ask are ridiculous, a 14” is big, and probably more rare, but i have to wonder just how many people selling for 10x realistic value actually sell an item. I would love to own a big griswold, i have a #3 and #4 and i have the waffle iron, several griswold and Wagner #8’s. And a smattering if Lodge, old and new to fill in the gaps. A 14” is on my Christmas list every year, but Santa apparently doesn’t fly with cast iron 😕

• Like 1