Two questions, Gearmatic master controller factory install and reveseable fan blade issue

78TD7

Hey everyone, I’m dealing with 2 issues #1 does anyone have a late 70’s to early 80’s td7 with a factory installed Gearmatic winch? I’m trying to figure out where and how the master controller is located 

#2 is I’m having issues with my reverse able fan ( seeing as winter is upon us) unfortunately my blades are stuck, I got one to turn to winter mode and I can’t get any of the other ones to turn and now I can’t turn the first one back, so I’m probably going to have to remove the whole thing and disassemble clean and lube it does anyone have experience with this task? If so can you impart any wisdom? Thanks in advance!

I used to soak the pivots with the favorite weasel piss of the moment and use a hydraulic jack handle on the end of the blade. Put the cutout over the center of the blade and lightly tap the end of the handle with a smallish hammer as they needed to go in to turn. Add vice grips to handle for rotational assistance. When you do this keep in mind that a bent fan is a ruined fan. This was on the unmentionable yellow machines. There was a hole in the hardnose that lined up with the fan for this. Turn a blade and rotate fan to next blade. repeat

• Like 2

Spray it the best you can with brake clean then use some deep creep and let it soak, you may only be able to do 3 at a time to assure it runs where it's suppose to and make sure to give it some time to work, couple hours to half a day. I had a small 8lb hammer I used on the cast base but that was a 20, the 7 will be tighter, I can tell you, you'll know right away if one blade is not right. Taking the fan off is a pain in the a$$, remove the little cover screws and the bolts will be behind.   

Yes, believe them to take a 5/16 socket and maybe only an inch long.