Pre Black Friday shopping.

DT Fan

This is kind of funny because I was thinking this earlier in the week. Then 'Ross the Oliver Man' mentioned the same thing in his video yesterday. If you haven't seen him, check him out on you tube, quite entertaining! Anyway, have been going to upgrade rubber on the 856 before I die. It's got perfectly good tires on it but being my No. 1 recreational machine, better rubber is called for. Was going to take the Firestone's off the 7, just do a swap. Had toyed with the idea of 20.8x38's too. Found a set of 18" rims on the list and the 20.8's became a real possibility. Long story short, they weren't cheap but tire guy got them for me. Be next year before they get mounted but are safe in their new home. The 7b will get to keep it's Stone's and the Harvest King's, (I think) will be available for future considerations. Aaron thought the 826 would be a good home for them, and it may get them in time. Would need to get that darn thing moving and then a set of 38" centers!

72194530286__5360C5F3-135E-4968-850A-63F3ABBB261A.jpeg

IMG_2722.jpeg

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2724.jpeg

IMG_2725.jpeg

• Like 6

I have a few items that I want to order today since they are theoretically on sale....

I check items I am considering purchasing on Black Friday a couple weeks ahead to see if there is an inflationary period prior to the "big sale".  Sometimes there is, sometimes the price remains the same with a higher price marked out next to it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, junkandcattle said:

Spent next years lunch money. Another tire experiment. 

20231124_111644.thumb.jpg.58eb94cd28e42a4e11f317c0050abe38.jpg

We have those on several trucks right now. Have used Hankook for years. I’d say they are as good as any anything else that costs more than you think it should and doesn’t last as long as you’d like. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

We have those on several trucks right now. Have used Hankook for years. I’d say they are as good as any anything else that costs more than you think it should and doesn’t last as long as you’d like. 

Yes I ran MK1 tires that they don't make anymore. Tried cooper's and had to run them bald until these were available hoping MK2 are as good as the MK1

• Like 1

19 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

Spent next years lunch money. Another tire experiment. 

20231124_111644.thumb.jpg.58eb94cd28e42a4e11f317c0050abe38.jpg

My friend is on his second set of those on his F350 DRW he is very happy with them. 

• Like 1

I'm having trouble finding what I need anymore.

I have given up on local stores.

Ebay used to have everything but their shelves are bare too.

This is getting scary.

We are in trouble now but if the supply side collapses, things can get ugly?

If you need it and find it, you better be buying it.

• Like 1