Chore gloves

TroyDairy

How cold are you talking about?  

When its -20F or colder and you are out doing chores, there isn't much that will keep your hands warm.  Around -10 to 0 you can keep them warm if you are moving but I recommend wood handles on tools.  Usually at that point you are in heavy mittens or choppers (buckskins outers with wool mitten liners).  Or very large mitten that go over lighter gloves.  Dexterity is an issue and you start to question your life choices if you really need to 'work' on something when its that cold.

Once you get over 10F to 30F I usually use a good heavy insulated work glove from either wells lamont or kinco.  (see below).  Above 30, usually these or lighter mechanics type gloves.

image.png.829d69c464736fae4405eaa4b222990d.png

• Like 1

Milwaukee has some mechanics gloves that have what they call “smart swipe technology”. They allow you to operate a touchscreen with them on. Very handy. Excellent dexterity and provide some warmth. When it gets colder I use insulated and give up the phone and dexterity. Carhartt makes a light weight leather, deerskin possibly, palm and insulated back. They have a latex liner and are pretty warm with decent dexterity. The palm doesn’t last as well as I would like. 

• Like 1

Look at G.O.A.T gloves. Leather palm, fabric back, goatskin, lightly insulated, good dexterity, leather is water proof. I would say good down to about 10f while using hands. They are so good, sent a bunch out for Christmas to my friends last year

• Like 1

I am with Mudfly I have been getting the Kinco 1927 for as many years as I can remember. Price has jumped I remember when I could get 2 pairs for $22

now  $25 each pair.

18 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

What about the ole Handy Andy gloves they knock offs now 

I think i had some mule named ons too 

Handy Andys are Wells Lamont products, but I have no problems with them. I just get them in the store where I can inspect them to make sure they don't have 6 fingers or are missing a thumb before I buy them.

They're warmer and more durable than the old yellow gloves. There's a 10-pack of cheap yellow gloves here at the farm that Dad left, which I'm working on. On my second pair this winter because I put the first pair down somewhere and can't remember where.

Runnings (where I get my Handy Andys) used to sell Kinco gloves. Those were good gloves. Now they sell Wells Lamont.