Almost 80 and still getting it Done 2023 NY Deer Season

806Jordy

On 11/19/2023 at 8:23 PM, vtfireman85 said:

Thats a nice deer and good to see him out there. Question though, why do old men wear those boots? I have a pair and I can’t make it a whole day in them, old guys seem to love em. 

hey now, I wear Dryshod or Muck boots, and I'm not an old man. I'm only 74. They save having to pull Treds over my work shoes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ny bill o said:

hey now, I wear Dryshod or Muck boots, and I'm not an old man. I'm only 74. They save having to pull Treds over my work shoes.

I wasn’t trying to start a boot battle, just kidding around. I wear my mucks all winter long myself. I just bought a pair of those lacrosse last year thinking the old guys must know something I didn’t, personally I found them awful ankle rollers. But really i was just joking. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I wasn’t trying to start a boot battle, just kidding around. I wear my mucks all winter long myself. I just bought a pair of those lacrosse last year thinking the old guys must know something I didn’t, personally I found them awful ankle rollers. But really i was just joking. 

...wearing boots is a great idea, Seth.....I have found over the years that it also stops my legs fraying at the lower end......just sayin '.....:unsure:

Mike

• Haha 2

I heard a cattle trucker complaining the other day that he cannot find 4 or 5 buckle overshoes.

Certainly the cowboys are still wearing them.

Anybody have a source for them?

Don't forget to take some time and just set and B.S. with Pops.

Many of us do not have that ability anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2023 at 7:23 PM, vtfireman85 said:

Thats a nice deer and good to see him out there. Question though, why do old men wear those boots? I have a pair and I can’t make it a whole day in them, old guys seem to love em. 

They're needed to wade through the stories when the season is done.

Don't think Crocs make a filter for that....

Mike

• Haha 2