Jump to content

Almost 80 and still getting it Done 2023 NY Deer Season


806Jordy

Recommended Posts

On 11/19/2023 at 8:23 PM, vtfireman85 said:

Thats a nice deer and good to see him out there. Question though, why do old men wear those boots? I have a pair and I can’t make it a whole day in them, old guys seem to love em. 

hey now, I wear Dryshod or Muck boots, and I'm not an old man. I'm only 74. They save having to pull Treds over my work shoes.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ny bill o said:

hey now, I wear Dryshod or Muck boots, and I'm not an old man. I'm only 74. They save having to pull Treds over my work shoes.

I wasn’t trying to start a boot battle, just kidding around. I wear my mucks all winter long myself. I just bought a pair of those lacrosse last year thinking the old guys must know something I didn’t, personally I found them awful ankle rollers. But really i was just joking. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I wasn’t trying to start a boot battle, just kidding around. I wear my mucks all winter long myself. I just bought a pair of those lacrosse last year thinking the old guys must know something I didn’t, personally I found them awful ankle rollers. But really i was just joking. 

...wearing boots is a great idea, Seth.....I have found over the years that it also stops my legs fraying at the lower end......just sayin '.....:unsure:

Mike

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard a cattle trucker complaining the other day that he cannot find 4 or 5 buckle overshoes.

Certainly the cowboys are still wearing them.

Anybody have a source for them?

Don't forget to take some time and just set and B.S. with Pops.

Many of us do not have that ability anymore. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2023 at 7:23 PM, vtfireman85 said:

Thats a nice deer and good to see him out there. Question though, why do old men wear those boots? I have a pair and I can’t make it a whole day in them, old guys seem to love em. 

They're needed to wade through the stories when the season is done.

Don't think Crocs make a filter for that....

Mike

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...