international 60 shredder

KyleHF

What does the operator's manual say about it? That may indicate the washer's importance and whether you actually have to do something with it. It may just have to exist in its installed location. 

This is a shredder. I don't think there's any "set up" to the knives other than to install them, and make sure they're all in place. It's not like there's a shear bar or ledger plates where the clearance is important.

I have my 50 hooked up right now, I will try to remember to look later to see if there are any washers under it.  I have a 60 too but it's not so easy to get to right now

The balancing washers are factory installed so the rotor does not shake. They have nothing at all to do with the knives or knife installation. They are simply washers bolted on the rotor in whatever location needed. They never need to be changed or messed with.

• Like 1

We are on our 3rd set of knives with our number 60 (yes we flip them and use both sides to get our moneys worth) and we have never touched the balance washers. I could look underneath and see how many are in a stack to get you close but I would assume every drum was balanced a little different from factory

• Like 2