International 80 pull type combine

HONESTLY

Hi everyone, I am African farmer passionate about American agricultural equipment.  I don't understand English very well but I try my best.  I come to you to ask for help

In fact, someone bought us an "lnternational 80" (pull type combine harvester) the machine is currently in  Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53209 where they are trying to load it into a container but unfortunately they do not know at the moment how to take off the head, the drawbar and or any other part likely to detach easily in order to facilitate loading.  So please explain to us if possible with supporting photos or videos.  Dear member here, I also ask you to do your best to avoid losing this machine that an entire community is waiting for with great hope. Thank you in advance for your return.

My email:   daphoxby@gmail.com

img.jpeg

Bump

Do none of us know how to break this machine down for shipping? It sounds like these folks need some help, which I would think some of us could provide? I'm sure there is a procedure, or old factory service manual, or something that somebody here has that would help these folks get this thing broken down and into a container. 

I bet where this machine is headed, they're counting on it.

• Like 1

Google reversing the image it came from a dealer in WI(also has the tractor house water mark)You'd think they'd be responsible for shipping or the know how, to take it appart?........In reality working with freight and containers I think put some narrow tires on it it'd fit into a container just fine..........

Maybe I'm a jerk, maybe I'm too suspicious, maybe I've seen too much spam on Craigslist or Market place over the years, but the write up seems dead on to many spam write up's " I have poor English but can write this ad fine ", " here's a sob story" " email me with this odd address"(email brings up gibberish and other " interesting" sites). Too many red flags for me to take the post seriously........maybe it's legit and I'll have an angry mob with forks, and torches after me but just my honest thoughts......

Prime example of what I see daily looking for equipment..............

" hello I'm an Iraqi war veteran I live out in California with my wife and 2 young kids, unfortunately life has delt us some bad cards and we're moving to WI to live with the wife's parents until things get better. Unfortunately I can't justify bringing my beautiful fully restored ih tractor collection with us ( tractor house images attached) I'm selling them dirt cheap for them to go to a good home.  Since we're moving half way across country if you pay upfront for shipping/trucking we'll stop where ever you're located between California and WI and drop them off. If interested email or wire the money to jhgfrundr@gujj.com. with moving our wi fi is messed up you might need to try multiple times to wire the money to get it through. Thank you and God bless"

1 hour ago, FoxrunFarms02 said:

Google reversing the image it came from a dealer in WI(also has the tractor house water mark)You'd think they'd be responsible for shipping or the know how, to take it appart?........In reality working with freight and containers I think put some narrow tires on it it'd fit into a container just fine..........

Maybe I'm a jerk, maybe I'm too suspicious, maybe I've seen too much spam on Craigslist or Market place over the years, but the write up seems dead on to many spam write up's " I have poor English but can write this ad fine ", " here's a sob story" " email me with this odd address"(email brings up gibberish and other " interesting" sites). Too many red flags for me to take the post seriously........maybe it's legit and I'll have an angry mob with forks, and torches after me but just my honest thoughts......

" hello I'm an Iraqi war veteran I live out in California with my wife and 2 young kids, unfortunately life has delt us some bad cards and we're moving to WI to live with the wife's parents until things get better. Unfortunately I can't justify bringing my beautiful fully restored ih tractor collection with us ( tractor house images attached) I'm selling them dirt cheap for them to go to a good home.  Since we're moving half way across country if you pay upfront for shipping/trucking we'll stop where ever you're located between California and WI and drop them off. If interested email or wire the money to jhgfrundr@gujj.com. with moving our wi fi is messed up you might need to try multiple times to wire the money to get it through. Thank you and God bless"

You may be right, I had thought of that.

BUT if it's a phishing sceme, I can't see what the OP gains if he gets several responses telling him how to disassemble a 60 year old obsolete combine and maybe a scan of an old service manual? I don't see how that profits anyone if its a scam.

To each their own. I don't know anything about a Model 80 pull type combine, or I'd type what I know.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FoxrunFarms02 said:

Actually, I recognized the zip & thought there might be something fishy. Ain't a whole lotta combines in da hood, G. The area is somewhat industrial, but not by much. That & it dosen't make a lot of sense to knock it down for shipping 20 MI away from Jones Island.

Should the OP return, there's some vetting to be done.

Mike

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TN Hillbilly said:

You may be right, I had thought of that.

BUT if it's a phishing sceme, I can't see what the OP gains if he gets several responses telling him how to disassemble a 60 year old obsolete combine and maybe a scan of an old service manual? I don't see how that profits anyone if its a scam.

To each their own. I don't know anything about a Model 80 pull type combine, or I'd type what I know.

The only thing I figured was if someone would email them and they'd get the email...........seems like a lot of work but scammers got nothing else better to do.

I had an ad for an atv cart on Craigslist. Had an email as a name message me. "I'm interested in the cart, I'll be in your area tomorrow afternoon (my exact location isn't posted) with a trailer what's your address and phone number I'll be over at 1 I'll pay for it and you hold it if the trailer is full. " I gave them the address to the local police department and said "measage me when you arrive "...........   no response.

On other forums I see simular spam like this for drugs, or advice........new short name, 1 post and that's it. 

Again maybe I'm just superstitious or watching too much Columbo.

1. i would say to remove the head and feeder throat where it pivots ahead of the threshing cylinder , remove the wheels and set it on heavy duty shipping pallet, then remove the Toung and PTO shaft....or leave it on too better balance it if you're not concerned about length. secure it to the pallet.
  • Like 3

Everyone is right to think in their own way.  I cannot condemn anyone because today the risks are real.  But as for me, all I'm asking here is just an explanation regarding the disassembly of the machine and nothing more.  In my opinion, my request is legitimate.  for more clarification I just spoke with the buyer, he agreed to give his number to anyone looking for more details.  I also specify that the machine was purchased on tractorhouse I still have the link to the machine but the seller removed it online about 5 days ago now.  I arrived here by Google search by introducing the theme "how to disassemble the international 80 combine harvester head" So I came across the post of someone who said that he had this model so I wrote directly to the  person in private via their email.  but up to now he hasn't responded so I decided to create my account for my own post

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Actually, I recognized the zip & thought there might be something fishy. Ain't a whole lotta combines in da hood, G. The area is somewhat industrial, but not by much. That & it dosen't make a lot of sense to knock it down for shipping 20 MI away from Jones Island.

Should the OP return, there's some vetting to be done.

Mike

The Zip code I put is not the place of purchase.  The machine was transported there to be loaded into the container.  Here is the purchase address of the machine

N7390 Cty Rd OMarshall, Wisconsin 53559

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HONESTLY said:

The Zip code I put is not the place of purchase.  The machine was transported there to be loaded into the container.  Here is the purchase address of the machine

N7390 Cty Rd OMarshall, Wisconsin 53559

Yes, I'm just playing it safe. Did not mean to sound like I'm being grouchy or trying to chase off any help.

I wish the new owner the best with the combine & think it's neat that it's getting shipped to Africa. We donated a couple large looms & some other items through a program called Orphan Grain Train. It all went to Nigeria, I believe.

Cheers!

Mike

11 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Yes, I'm just playing it safe. Did not mean to sound like I'm being grouchy or trying to chase off any help.

I wish the new owner the best with the combine & think it's neat that it's getting shipped to Africa. We donated a couple large looms & some other items through a program called Orphan Grain Train. It all went to Nigeria, I believe.

Cheers!

Mike

Yes I understand. I wanted to justify myself too.
 This machine is also a donation but from one person.  And besides, it's not the first time.  Even our tractor, it was he who gave us and so many others

• Like 1

The model 80 combine is a pull type version of the model 91 and model 93 self propelled combines.   The grain head is attached to the feeder house or throat.  To remove the grain head and feeder house you need to remove two strap clamps at the rear where the feeder house pivots in two U shaped brackets just in front of the cylinder.   You will then need to remove the drive belts and the pins that hold the hydraulic cylinders.   You may have have to remove the outside dual wheels.   The tongue will pivot in to narrow up for pulling down the road,  and this may be narrow enough to get into a container.  If not then you can remove  the tongue where it pivots at,  the power takeoff shaft will remove from the gear box.

GT&T

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, HONESTLY said:

Yes I understand. I wanted to justify myself too.
 This machine is also a donation but from one person.  And besides, it's not the first time.  Even our tractor, it was he who gave us and so many others

I wish you luck.I also think if I was selling or giving it to you that I would be able to figure out how to take it apart by looking at it.Short of using a cutting torch it should be fairly self explanatory where it bolts together. I can't imagine how difficult it is and helpless I would feel if I was in your shoes.It would be awful to depend on the someone else thousands of miles away when if you were there you could do it yourself. Good luck and God Bless 

• Like 3

On 11/16/2023 at 1:47 PM, HONESTLY said:

Hi everyone, I am African farmer passionate about American agricultural equipment.  I don't understand English very well but I try my best.  I come to you to ask for help

In fact, someone bought us an "lnternational 80" (pull type combine harvester) the machine is currently in  Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53209 where they are trying to load it into a container but unfortunately they do not know at the moment how to take off the head, the drawbar and or any other part likely to detach easily in order to facilitate loading.  So please explain to us if possible with supporting photos or videos.  Dear member here, I also ask you to do your best to avoid losing this machine that an entire community is waiting for with great hope. Thank you in advance for your return.

My email:   daphoxby@gmail.com

img.jpeg

The information may be a bit late but, if you go to 1:56 in the video, there's mention of how easy it is to remove the head & shows the point.

This is the image from the video. Unfortunately, the film is old & has distorted, so it isn't the greatest. Hope it helps some.

Mike

image.thumb.jpeg.ff40762651f07a6e2e81faa98d5c917e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HONESTLY said:

Hello everybody.  This is a thank you to everyone who contributed to loading the harvester.  In fact, I inform you that the harvester has been loaded into the container since last week.  once again thank you everyone

Screenshot_20231204-085553.jpg

Thank you for letting us know! Best of luck with your new machine!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HONESTLY said:

Hello everybody.  This is a thank you to everyone who contributed to loading the harvester.  In fact, I inform you that the harvester has been loaded into the container since last week.  once again thank you everyone

Screenshot_20231204-085553.jpg

Congratulations!

I thought you would get it done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mudfly said:

When do you expect it to arrive where you are?  I'm sure the forum would be interested in seeing the process of you putting this back together and actually using it.

Keep posting if you can.

At the moment, I don't know exactly when it will arrive here in Guinea but I think it will perhaps be at the beginning of January.  regarding reassembly, I have never done it before and I will not worry about that also because I do not underestimate the power of mutual aid in the RED POWER forum. I am still counting on  you to achieve this.