I must live a sheltered life!

acem

We have our problems round here but nothing like this.

A group of individuals tried to carjack a government vehicle containing the president's grandchildren! The secret service shot at them and the carjackers fled. 

They got away, apparently unharmed.

I'm glad I live in flyover county...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/11/13/politics/secret-service-dc-break-in/index.html

2 hours ago, acem said:

We have our problems round here but nothing like this.

A group of individuals tried to carjack a government vehicle containing the president's grandchildren! The secret service shot at them and the carjackers fled. 

They got away, apparently unharmed.

I'm glad I live in flyover county...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/11/13/politics/secret-service-dc-break-in/index.html

I guess that the people who got away unshot do too

• Haha 2

If you read the article, it says at 11:58 pm a member of the president’s grand daughters security detail fired at an individual trying to break in to an UNOCCUPIED vehicle.  It goes on to say that no member of the first family was in danger.  

Not trying to totally go off subject…. Does anyone know how far out from the President the secret service protection goes? Do you get to the third cousin on your step aunts side and have Barney Fife out front with his one bullet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

If you read the article, it says at 11:58 pm a member of the president’s grand daughters security detail fired at an individual trying to break in to an UNOCCUPIED vehicle.  It goes on to say that no member of the first family was in danger.  

Not trying to totally go off subject…. Does anyone know how far out from the President the secret service protection goes? Do you get to the third cousin on your step aunts side and have Barney Fife out front with his one bullet?

I stand corrected.

I heard on the radio it was a carjacking then found the cnn article as a verification. Apparently I skimmed over the unoccupied part or it was updated later idk.

Still glad to live in flyover county and an sheltered from places like DC.

It would appear that the secret service was accompanying the granddaughter for a "night on the town" in posh Georgetown. As they were headed back to their SUV to leave, they saw some perps trying to steal it and shots were fired.  This has to make a dumb crooks episode somewhere. 

21 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

And why would a granddaughter have a government vehicle to ride in?  Something doesn’t add up….

https://www.secretservice.gov/protection/leaders

immediate family includes grandchildren.

Also please keep your personal feelings about the President’s family to yourself. Have some respect for the Office.

Edit: This topic has been locked since people can’t separate the people from the Office.