1979 125e new owner..

Trackstar

Hello to all fellow IH owners. I purchased a 1979 IH 125e during the summer to start clearing my six acre property (I have nicknamed him Trackstar). It has been a blast to use and I have learned alot about operating and maintaining. My question would be for any current owners of similar model and year.. I accidentally left the dipstick from my transmission off after refilling.. (I have some leaks in some hoses and frequently adding fluid) it's now laying randomly somewhere on my six acres .. I’m sure I’ll find it when I’m old and grey.. I cant seem to find a replacement anywhere.. wondering if any owners could measure the length of the transmission dipstick and also the 2 lines that tell low or full? would help so much.. gonna just make my own to use for measurement and then cap it off with something. thanks so much in advance for your help!

I think we have all done that at some point, I'll admit to finding a golf club shaft cut into 8" equal size chunks, not sure if it was on the crawler, leaning against the track or I found it in my travels

Don't feel bad, like Hardtail said, we've all done it, my favorite was fuel caps, had a roll of old fence steal my engine dip stick once. Best one, 3/4drive ratchet left on the track, made a prefect 90deg bend right at the head and it was a good S&K, guy at the hardware store sneakered a bit as he handed me a new one, no charge.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, pede said:

my favorite was fuel caps

Been there, done that.  Lost and found 3 times but it had gone under a track on the third go.

I have a Nicopress cable swage set left over from making glider control cables so made a safety wire for the new one

• Like 1

I presume you are referring to part #13 in this diagram?

image.png.bb10bf0da44a2179d68a1dce0f5968a1.png

I do not have the measurements, however the part number is 622145C1 and according to their online inventory FP Smith in Fairfield, California has a new one.

32 minutes ago, Binderdan said:

I presume you are referring to part #13 in this diagram?

image.png.bb10bf0da44a2179d68a1dce0f5968a1.png

I do not have the measurements, however the part number is 622145C1 and according to their online inventory FP Smith in Fairfield, California has a new one.

BinderDan, is that part number for the 125? Same part number for the 100C.

1 hour ago, louie figone said:

BinderDan, is that part number for the 125? Same part number for the 100C.

Correct, this number came from the 125E parts manual. Wouldn't surprise me if it was same for others.

On 11/13/2023 at 6:43 AM, pede said:

Don't feel bad, like Hardtail said, we've all done it, my favorite was fuel caps, had a roll of old fence steal my engine dip stick once. Best one, 3/4drive ratchet left on the track, made a prefect 90deg bend right at the head and it was a good S&K, guy at the hardware store sneakered a bit as he handed me a new one, no charge.   

I'm waiting for 1 if not 2 grease gun trees to sprout.......🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2

Yes, we all have run something over, my latest was a can of go juice I left on the tires of a bobcat, once warmed up, I proceeded to back up, heard a very loud bang, thought wth???  Then got the old either smell right after, well at that point I knew what I had done. Once lost my phone in my td8 while operating it, figured it was gone for sure, looked down and there it was below the floor pan, among the hydraulic lines. I was very thankful for that. 

Yup, been there done that. 

Mark

The engine oil dipstick on my TD15c was well worn and the new IH seemed pretty pricey. Happened to find an aftermarket at O'Reilleys for less than $30 and was impressed with it. They have several diameters and you cut to fit. Look to be about the same style.