Weekend pictures.

DT Fan

Saturday was plow-day at Mingo, didn't take a whole bunch of pics. Did get a shot of a pretty nice little Ford, this guy, and I don't know his name and wish I did, is a dedicated moldboard plower! He travels from pretty far west in Iowa to plow with us here and in Collins, great guy.

Not sure who it belongs to but a pretty nice little Chevy showed up.

IMG_2630.jpeg

IMG_2632.jpeg

IMG_2628.jpeg

IMG_2629.jpeg

IMG_2633.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, F-301066460puller said:

Wish I had cool sh*t like this going on around me...

It’s out there, just have to keep eyes and ears open. There are actually two plow days here this Saturday! I’ll be going North. Hate to miss the big stuff on the river bottom but I know it pulls like concrete! Not sure how the dirt will work NW of me. 

15 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Wonderful pictures! What model was the tractor with the diamond cab and the hood off? 756?  826?

Aaron, that is an 826. If I remember the story right, it belongs to =Dan's buddy Tim.

31 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

That elevator is just a pretty cool piece! Love the way it diverts the shell-corn away from the crib.

I've seen a few sell and they are usually very cheap.  I'd love to have 1 but always ask myself why, I don't have shed space for it so it would sit outside and rust.

The hydraulic lift these elevators had, or could get as an option, seemed to be ahead of it's time.  The Stan Hoist elevator of my Dad's that I grew up with you could take the PTO shaft off the drive and put it on the winch to raise it with the PTO.

• Like 3

On 11/8/2023 at 4:31 PM, F-301066460puller said:

Wish I had cool sh*t like this going on around me...

On 11/8/2023 at 6:22 PM, DT Fan said:

It’s out there, just have to keep eyes and ears open. There are actually two plow days here this Saturday! I’ll be going North. Hate to miss the big stuff on the river bottom but I know it pulls like concrete! Not sure how the dirt will work NW of me. 

Times like this I envy you guys in the Midwest.

On 11/9/2023 at 9:24 AM, IH Forever said:

I've seen a few sell and they are usually very cheap.  I'd love to have 1 but always ask myself why, I don't have shed space for it so it would sit outside and rust.

The hydraulic lift these elevators had, or could get as an option, seemed to be ahead of it's time.  The Stan Hoist elevator of my Dad's that I grew up with you could take the PTO shaft off the drive and put it on the winch to raise it with the PTO.

We had a hydraulic drive Stan Hoist. You bolted the orbital motor on the hoist for height changes and then on the drive for operation. It was a handy setup because the tractor didn't have to be perfectly oriented for driveline operation without chatter and you could hook the tractor to the transport drawbar as you ran the winch.

Plowed some Skunk river-bottom gumbo Saturday. Interesting event, more diverse than most plow days. There were 5 or 6 WD 45's. Friend of mine was running his diesel and broke a tie-rod end. That ended his day! Nice little 330 utility. Really nice 450 and lots of others including a 2255 and a 4840. One beautiful 856 also.

IMG_2712.jpeg

IMG_2711.jpeg

IMG_2702.jpeg

IMG_2701.jpeg

IMG_2699.jpeg

IMG_2698.jpeg

• Like 5

The fields we plowed were a fair distance from the meeting place/shop so they loaded us on the bus and took us to lunch! First time I've been on a bus in a looonnnggg time!

I followed a 4440 with 565 Oliver one pass, he had that thing in the ground about a foot! My pullbar was dragging, yeah, plugged up.