Dirtboys prototypes

nomorejohndeere

Would sure be interesting to know what serial number black stripe 766 they’re looking for. I bought one 2 years ago at an auction in Mazeppa, and I think he said that’s where the Arctic Cat dealer was that he ran, unless I misunderstood him.  So it sounds like it’s close to him too.

I owned the Arctic Cat dealership in Mazeppa for 10 years , the auction yard is next door to my old shop . Let me get my nephews 766sn  and my neighbors 766 sn . Who knows maybe one of you guys have the missing tractor .I only live 3.5 miles from there .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, from H to 80 said:

I saw the interview also, glad these tractors were saved,too bad that they are going across the pond though.

I suspect these will travel back at some point, collectors have auctions eventually, one way or another. Better going to Austria to be cared for than neglected in a shed.

• Like 1

This is off coarse a bit but here is dads semi that I’m converting into a heavy haul truck and my dads original Caterpillar we restored a few years ago , they will be doing the show tour to some Caterpillar and truck show events .

The tractors of Herberts heading to Austria won’t be coming back here , he has a small collection and some very cool units all in his new shop he just built 👍

IMG_1567.jpeg

IMG_1568.jpeg

IMG_9642.jpeg

• Like 21

I just saw this one. What an amazing piece of history restored!

As an european, we like to spend our holidays in Austria. Anyone know where the tractors are going? If the new owner have a museum or if he would be willing to show them? We dont have many american build tractors here in Europe so it would be an fantastic experience to see something as special  as this in real life.

Really liked the interview and a good way to showcase Danny's work thru the years.  I only wish they would have done a quick tour of the tractors, especially the cabs, and maybe pointed out what was different from the 84 series.  I was interested to hear that the 885-x had a turbo.  Our 884 is great, but a small turbo would definitely clean up the exhaust a little.  

Here is the inside of the cab of the 485 and the 885 .

‘Danny 

IMG_0907.jpeg

IMG_0904.jpeg

IMG_0915.jpeg

IMG_0917.jpeg

IMG_0916.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Here are a couple pictures from back in the day of the guys from IH Truck Division making those hoods out of clay . I had to make the cover for the 3 point and remotes from scratch , it was missing .

Danny

IMG_1463.jpeg

IMG_1462.jpeg

IMG_0889.jpeg

IMG_0892.jpeg

IMG_1307.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The first couple pictures are the wooden mock up of them , yes made out of wood 😳 This is what I started with when they got dropped off , the 885 was really tough inside the cab , totally missing wiring harness , cab interiors were not good .

Danny

IMG_0806.jpeg

IMG_0807.jpeg

IMG_5780.jpeg

IMG_5756.jpeg

IMG_5782.jpeg

IMG_5784.jpeg

IMG_5786.jpeg

IMG_5781.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 11/5/2023 at 7:53 PM, DirtBoyz07 said:

This is off coarse a bit but here is dads semi that I’m converting into a heavy haul truck and my dads original Caterpillar we restored a few years ago , they will be doing the show tour to some Caterpillar and truck show events .

The tractors of Herberts heading to Austria won’t be coming back here , he has a small collection and some very cool units all in his new shop he just built 👍

IMG_1567.jpeg

IMG_1568.jpeg

IMG_9642.jpeg

What chassis is that old Ford mounted on?  It looks pretty mean!  I like it!

After seeing the video, I wonder what the next series model numbers would have been on the after the XX88?

Thank you for this beautiful video and the restoration and photos of these Danny tractors 😍.

Concerning the X tractors including this 885 and others that we have already seen on this forum; my CASE IH and IH dealer at the time had seen them from afar during a trip organized by International Harvester France with a handful of the best IH dealers in France.

This was just before IHC's agricultural division was purchased by Tenneco.

My CASE IH dealer Mr André SEBY, still present in the dealership and almost 80 years old, remembers this trip perfectly.

He saw these tractors from very far away (several tens of meters).

There was a large rope that prevented them from approaching these tractors.

IHC's objective was to show French dealers that IH was confident in the future by showing them these famous prototypes.

It was their cold shower when back in France; motivated, they learned a few months later that IH was bought by Tenneco .

They did not know that during their presence in the United States; that there were negotiations between IHC executives and Tenneco.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 8:53 PM, DirtBoyz07 said:

IMG_1567.jpeg

IMG_1568.jpeg

IMG_9642.jpeg

Danny, that truck is awesome, i really hope for your own sake the nose clip comes off easily, I cant imagine climbing down over that nice paint to check the oil. 

The old Ford is mounted on a 1999 Peterbilt that I drove home from California last spring . I wanted a clean truck to start with and this truck is unbelievable clean , every bolt came out and still looked like the day they were put in . Some of my trucking friends couldn’t believe I was hitting it in the head  but I sold the cab and bunk off of it and still have the hood to sell that perfect too .

Danny

IMG_1930.jpeg

IMG_1936.jpeg

• Like 5