Don't forget to set your clocks back this weekend

sandhiller

Yeah, that kind of snuck up on me. Pretty sure the governor signed a bill to put us on year-round DST. Blissfully thinking this since last March or so. Then got an E-mail from a tractor club mentioning the change this weekend, W.T.H.!!!

Ill be happy as the clock in the suburban will be correct again 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

I don’t care which one but I wish they would pick one and stay with it. We are CST but less than an hour from EST. Lots of people live in one and work in the other. What a pain that would be. 

• Like 6

I coulda sworn that the changing of the clocks was over last spring. Thought I had heard that once we went to DST in the spring we weren't going to change again in the fall. I'd like to see it stay at DST year around. I like having long summer evenings where it stays light until nearly 10PM. If it were to stay at standard time it would be getting light at 4:30 AM in the summer in central NoDak.

4 hours ago, lotsaIHCs said:

I coulda sworn that the changing of the clocks was over last spring. Thought I had heard that once we went to DST in the spring we weren't going to change again in the fall. I'd like to see it stay at DST year around. I like having long summer evenings where it stays light until nearly 10PM. If it were to stay at standard time it would be getting light at 4:30 AM in the summer in central NoDak.

Lot cooler at 430 am in the summer…

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jass1660 said:

What’s a vcr?

I hear tell it's what supplanted the movie projector.

Mike

17 hours ago, MTB98 said:

Interesting view of sunrise/sunset times across the US with DST as it is, full time DST and full time Standard Time. 
352CFAB2-018F-46F6-AB60-DD451B4A94D8.thumb.jpeg.0dd67de5c9982fc2c9e5aeed31566967.jpeg

I'm all for year round DST. I get up the same time all year but when it gets dark I'm winding down. Being on Atlantic Standard would do it for me. As it is I'm constantly changing time zones and I get a kick out of the "jet lagged" with only a single hour difference. Try doing a round the world trip once a month.

On 11/4/2023 at 5:55 PM, MTB98 said:

Interesting view of sunrise/sunset times across the US with DST as it is, full time DST and full time Standard Time. 
352CFAB2-018F-46F6-AB60-DD451B4A94D8.thumb.jpeg.0dd67de5c9982fc2c9e5aeed31566967.jpeg

I'll take option 3, thanks. Starting before sunrise is no problem. I'll take my extra light after I get home from work, please.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 7:20 AM, bitty said:

Ill be happy as the clock in the suburban will be correct again 😁

The other advantage of the time change this weekend was I arrived home an hour earlier than I would have from my Indianapolis trip 

Never change the one on the 560D !  Set at factory 

• Haha 1

I have a 2020 Silverado pickup that I swear is the little known "Stephen King" edition.....

It set the clock back exactly 1 week early!???🫢😲😵🤔

Gonna be interesting this spring...:wacko:

Mike

1 hour ago, zleinenbach said:

You gotta love daylight savings time. 
There is nothing like watching the 
sunset while you’re eating lunch.

DST is the time during the spring and summer when we spring ahead one hour. Normal standard time is the time we are on right now. 
Is your area in Indiana in the Eastern Time Zone or Central?

9 minutes ago, MTB98 said:

DST is the time during the spring and summer when we spring ahead one hour. Normal standard time is the time we are on right now. 
Is your area in Indiana in the Eastern Time Zone or Central?

eastern

far southern part where cst is east of us l