CAD Drawing

zleinenbach

28 minutes ago, Dave Downs said:

What type of drawing?

Also - what output format are you looking for?  Seems "CAD" may have morphed to mean a 3D file like a .STEP or .IGES nowadays.  I'm still a .DWG/.DXF kinda guy LOL

basically a building blueprint.

i’ve got a Turkey building. I’m trying to have help with to put fences in for cows. My current situation won’t let me do it myself, so I figured this would be the easiest way to get my ideas to the people. Any format that can be   excepted via phone or print it off .pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff 

Can do!  I have AutoCAD 2022.  Did my own garage plans for my township.  I printed from AutoCAD to a PDF and printed at FedEx Kinko's.

Before doing mine I did a garage for a  friend in Texas that I know from my Mustang forum.

20230906_090442.thumb.jpg.df31319bb05766948f5163d687efcb7d.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zleinenbach said:

anyone able to take a drawing i have and put it to scale in CAD? i will gladly pay. 

I can draw stick figures and teddy bears, dunno if that helps but I will do it for free! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stronger800 said:

You happen to know any Mustang guy with the handle “ZR Sledhead”?

No don't know that one.

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

I can draw stick figures and teddy bears, dunno if that helps but I will do it for free! 

I can draw flies!! lol 😂 

Sorry Zach, didn’t mean to derail your thread! I had a CAD class in high school but that was 30 something years ago 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, acem said:

How much does AutoCAD cost now???

Last few times I needed something drawn up I did it old school with my drafting instruments. I don't have any software that's compatible with my newer but  outdated computers...

I'm guessing it's going to be good enough unless there's some kind of building permit that requires more than a good sketch. I think my brother planned out our whole barn layout after we toured 60+ barns on excell ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bitty said:

I'm guessing it's going to be good enough unless there's some kind of building permit that requires more than a good sketch. I think my brother planned out our whole barn layout after we toured 60+ barns on excell ? 

Beat me to it bitty!

I did my new corral layout on Excel 

Very basic but gets the idea from one head to another 

Making a drawing with a spreadsheet???

That sounds painful and problematic. Kinda like that job I got in college programming a graphical display in Fortran...

I was formally trained in drafting both by hand and with AutoCAD (version 2?). Working 5 years as an engineer firmed up my skills. 

I can make a drawing with drafting instruments (or AutoCAD if I had a functional copy) to satisfy any government body. However I can't provide an engineering stamp... Haven't worked as an engineer since '95.

I made a set of plans for the house I live in now when I designed it. Had them printed off on D size sheets.

I would gladly help but sending drawings through the mail for review would be slow, frustrating and expensive.

Thx-Ace