Obsolete Ford Land Yacht Parts

KWRB

I have finally been blessed to shepherd my great grandfather's car, owned by my grandparents for about the last 40 years, through some repairs and restoration. It's a 1977 Ford LTD sedan. Don't laugh. I love this car! It's big. It's slow. It's gaudy. It's BIG. And it's perfect.

As of this morning, the big ol' yacht is back home. It's only the second time I've ever driven it. It is running well, but it needs a few things before it's really up to snuff.

One that's giving me fits, is actually two parts. It has a 351W and there's supposed to be a plastic intake duct that runs from the top of the radiator to the intake snorkel. The one I have is broken up.

I don't think it's essential, but I'd like to replace it. I've called around a few places, but I can't find one (two peices) anywhere.

Part of the problem is, it's not a Mustang or a Bronco, so I have terrible trouble even finding a yard that has any. Here's pictures of the parts. Anyone have any idea where I'd be able to find the broken one?

Ford numbers: D7AE-9C675-BA and D7AE-9E635-AA

KIMG0572_02_BURST1000572.JPG

KIMG0566.JPG

Also, does anyone know if there are parts catalogs for these cars, one there are due the IH tractors? It would make it easier to find out if there are superceded part numbers available. It would also get in looking up other parts I need, that don't have the Ford numbers printed on them.

4 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I can feel your daughters face burning with embarrassment now😁

No one ever needs to like this thing but me. My daughter's taste in everything is terrible anyway. I have loved it since I was a kid. It's pretty much been in a garage my whole life.

It's got ashtrays, an analog clock, a back seat big enough to start a family, a CB radio, and a dimmer switch on the floor. Vinyl top. It's just perfect!

• Like 4

Just now, dannyredfan said:

Need pictures of the car. Man 

I drove it home between rain clouds. It started to drizzle as I got back to their house, so I hustled it inside. Here's the pic of it tucked in for the winter.

KIMG0571_02_BURST1000571.JPG

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, KWRB said:

No one ever needs to like this thing but me. My daughter's taste in everything is terrible anyway. I have loved it since I was a kid. It's pretty much been in a garage my whole life.

It's got ashtrays, an analog clock, a back seat big enough to start a family, a CB radio, and a dimmer switch on the floor. Vinyl top. It's just perfect!

And its big..

48 minutes ago, KWRB said:

This really takes me back to when I started HS

Dad had a '72 Buick Electra Limited 455 4bbl

ashtray and cig lighter in each door

You could fit a whole party in that thing

8 kids comfortable, double that if you set the girls on laps😉  😄

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

This really takes me back to when I started HS

Dad had a '72 Buick Electra Limited 455 4bbl

ashtray and cig lighter in each door

You could fit a whole party in that thing

8 kids comfortable, double that if you set the girls on laps😉  😄

Now you’re talking! 

42 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

Girlfriend had a big  late 70’s caddy when I was in high school.  455?  It was so huge.  Her father put a hitch on it. Pretty sure he had a “4 horse” (16’?) livestock trailer behind it a few times 

472?

• Like 1

Try looking for grand torino,mercury montego,thunderbird,lincoln mk8 and other lincoln model parts with 351w engines.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Drysleeves said:

And then there's the five hundo with larger displacement versions in the offing until the federales got all sorts of tyrannical and essentially halted the proceedings. How stupid is that?

Strong running motors

Have heard of a few that were warmed up