Striping paint removal.

vtfireman85

Little narrow road today, no sign, no cones. Paint was obviously new, but I didn’t realize i was 2 minutes behind the truck, went to go around a couple ladies walking their dogs. Anyone have a good product for removing this? 

IMG_2324.jpeg

3 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Not trying to be a smartazz but time and gravel roads?

As long as it is inside the wheelwells I would think it would come off on it's own. 

I avoid gravel roads, been doing an extra 16 miles each round trip home to do so. It is much easier on the vehicles. The van got it too, but that needs some attention to the rockers anyway so I am not as upset. It got the running boards, both front and back wheel wells and some on tue fenders. Seems to mostly pick off. I will give it a hot water bath tomorrow afternoon and see where i am at with it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I avoid gravel roads, been doing an extra 16 miles each round trip home to do so. It is much easier on the vehicles. The van got it too, but that needs some attention to the rockers anyway so I am not as upset. It got the running boards, both front and back wheel wells and some on tue fenders. Seems to mostly pick off. I will give it a hot water bath tomorrow afternoon and see where i am at with it. 

Wish you well Seth

I blundered onto a single lane oil road they had just laid the oil down and were preparing to lay down a sand/gravel mix on top

That was some nasty sheep dip............

I never did get it completely off. 

It was still on the pickup when the pickup left me. 

Hopefully, and it should, the paint will come off easier

That stuff is tough. My wife or I got some on her Suburban. When we sold it I hit it with some flat black.

Here's what the state of Maine has to say, in essence, pressure wash immediately then follow the instructions for petroleum jelly and WD40.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiYl_H4rZSCAxUEMlkFHdroBnsQFnoECBEQAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maine.gov%2Fmdot%2Ftraffic%2Fdocs%2Fpaint%2Fwetpaint-removal.PDF&usg=AOvVaw3UIfztN4MK4eB1vEA1KA6c&opi=89978449

Hot water pressure washing did the trick, the van was worse and with 11 year old tender paint I didn’t get too rough with it. But this truck cleaned up well. 

IMG_2327.jpeg

IMG_2326.jpeg

IMG_2325.jpeg

• Like 6

The whole town is a mess, seems they just rolled un and started spraying, no cones, no signs, I consider myself a fairly alert driver, but I never even knew. They were obviously new, but no idea they were wet. Every intersection is a yellow blur, the truck traffic and narrow roads have spread it everywhere.