nomorejohndeere

11 hours ago, Farming Enthusiast said:

I personally would pay $3000 just to keep it out of the bone yard. I'd say to a guy that has the time and skills to do what should be done with it I'd say $5000

I'd go along with 3 but mostly because although neglected and abandoned to the elements the surviving pieces look straight. Start low regardless on a deal like this one.

8 hours ago, Drysleeves said:

I'd go along with 3 but mostly because although neglected and abandoned to the elements the surviving pieces look straight. Start low regardless on a deal like this one.

Yea I'm basically saying 3 because the 1206 has the most collector value to me. I know there are rare tractors that are worth more but between being the nicest looking piece of machinery ever built and the story of spinning the tires off of the rims it doesn't get any better in my book. If it was a 100% financially responsible decision I would t consider buying it at all

Doesn't look much off mine when I bought it. Sat in the fence line for over two decades. I paid more. Stuck more into it. Still worth more than I have into it. Around here 1206 are not exactly hens teeth but still the most sought after. I get offers to sell every time it's out of the shed and in view. Doesn't even have to be seen. Sometimes they just heard I have one... Wanna sell it?

Yeah it's an investment. Do the work yourself and you won't lose out. Id pay more than 3...

00T0T_715gqHjCSG9_1200x900.thumb.jpg.33519a16625949b024205e3b9d095def.jpg

imagejpeg_2.jpg.bd233b04e4e43094977ab3684f3a2640.jpg

imagejpeg_4.jpg.8dff014aa920175c32169730f69fc10f.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dzldenny said:

Doesn't look much off mine when I bought it. Sat in the fence line for over two decades. I paid more. Stuck more into it. Still worth more than I have into it. Around here 1206 are not exactly hens teeth but still the most sought after. I get offers to sell every time it's out of the shed and in view. Doesn't even have to be seen. Sometimes they just heard I have one... Wanna sell it?

Yeah it's an investment. Do the work yourself and you won't lose out. Id pay more than 3...

00T0T_715gqHjCSG9_1200x900.thumb.jpg.33519a16625949b024205e3b9d095def.jpg

imagejpeg_2.jpg.bd233b04e4e43094977ab3684f3a2640.jpg

imagejpeg_4.jpg.8dff014aa920175c32169730f69fc10f.jpg

I like it,white fenders is what turns me on.Never forget seeing one sitting in a field in springtime in the 70's.It was after a rain,duals on, hooked to a disk. Smell of the air,the 1206 sitting at the end of the field dust caked to dirt,streaks running down the hood. Boy oh boy and those white fenders stuck out and I knew just what it was.I was going by with a straight truck ,heading to fertilizer plant to pick up 6 or 7 ton of bagged fertilizer. I was 16 or so,the work of carrying those bags of fertilizer didn't matter because I was LUCKY enough to drive the old Ford. Couldn't figure out why my dad or older brothers missed out on a prime deal as that. 1206 is something for sure.

• Like 3

May have been sitting for years but low hours on the T/A when the engine let loose? Fluids, filters, MCV. Cheap insurance on the T/A if it was good and you get it running. I still say it's worth it. I've been using mine on the farm. Maybe I need one to play with?🤔 If you are going through the engine may as well take it to the doctor. I see the three point spears... I could use those!

It's on the House for 22,500 in Indiana. Paint looks to be original but the burned area up front is interesting. Left side of the engine looks to have been painted. Betting it has the Schweitzer hair dryer upgrade, which is usually a good thing for durability although not for originality. Front end looks unmolested which is very good. Rear wheels are wedge lock style but given it's #15870 and 33 pieces from the end of the road there's a real chance those are original. Broom closet Stolper Allen cab is included with the tractor although it's not pictured. Not too many around with that claustrophobic enclosure still intact. Three point looks tired. 5071 hours.....at least. It would bring 17,500 all day at a real auction, in my opinion.

....might be a dumb question, but I really don't know- Did later 1206s ever come off the line with "INTERNATIONAL" badging on the side of the hood, instead of the "FARMALL" badging, or did the "INTERNATIONAL" emblem not start until the '56 series came out?

Standard tractors, including Wheatland and Industrial variations, all had International badging starting with the New World of Power in 1958 and through the 56 Series. The Farmall name disappeared after the 66 Series and was rumored to return in 1985 with the powershift transmission tractor line.

• Like 1