Sharing videos from iPhone

Farming Enthusiast

I have the YouTube app. So the way I’ve made it work for me is just upload a video to my private channel and then copy the link here. 

That’s kinda vague but that’s the only way I really know. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

I have the YouTube app. So the way I’ve made it work for me is just upload a video to my private channel and then copy the link here. 

That’s what I have to do 

Thanks. I'm not very "techy" so I'll see if I can figure it out. I'll have to set up a YT profile. I was pretty forcefully called a liar about my dads big 88 series lugging ability on RPF a little while back and I have undeniable proof that it's true. I try not to let things on social media get to me but most on here are upstanding people and that didn't sit well with me

I still have to try to figure this out. I tried to post some cool videos here of my visit to the Dyess AFB open house last April and they refused to post here. I haven’t tried to put them on YouTube. I really don’t want my videos on YouTube and I don’t want a YouTube channel. 

1 hour ago, Rick G. said:

I still have to try to figure this out. I tried to post some cool videos here of my visit to the Dyess AFB open house last April and they refused to post here. I haven’t tried to put them on YouTube. I really don’t want my videos on YouTube and I don’t want a YouTube channel. 

Sadly I think that is your only option to get from camera phone videos to here.

If someone knows different please prove me wrong.

Maybe BJ knows another way

@FarmallFan

11 hours ago, Rick G. said:

I don’t want mine out either but you can make it so it’s on a privacy setting. So I don’t think anyone can see my videos Unless posted here. 

14 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

I don’t want mine out either but you can make it so it’s on a privacy setting. So I don’t think anyone can see my videos Unless posted here. 

Ah so! OK thanks IHhogfarmer. I will explore and experiment with that privacy setting thing and see if I can figure it out. 

I am the original cave man here when it comes to all things high tech.  I can figure a lot stuff out on my own eventually if there is a dire need to, but it does not come naturally or easily. 🤪

The YT settings are Public: anyone can search and view them. Unlisted: anyone with the link can view. Private: only people you choose can view. Under the private settings you can send someone a link but the video will not come up if you search YT for it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rick G. said:

Ah so! OK thanks IHhogfarmer. I will explore and experiment with that privacy setting thing and see if I can figure it out. 

I am the original cave man here when it comes to all things high tech.  I can figure a lot stuff out on my own eventually if there is a dire need to, but it does not come naturally or easily. 🤪

X3 on, you can keep vids private on YT. If you really don't want an account, you can always email it to someone. Preferably someone with an email that can accept large files.

Mike

On 10/22/2023 at 3:41 PM, IHhogfarmer said:

Ditto.  BK 

When you have your videos pulled up that you’ve uploaded there should be three dots to the right. Click on them and comes up a list of options. Click share video and there should be an option that comes up that says “copy link.” 

If you have the video pulled up (like you’re watching it) there should be an option below the video that says share. Click that and “copy link” will come up. Click that. 

However you copy it you then go to where your post on here and tap the space and it will say “paste” click that and the link will show up on your post. 

Hope that helps. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2023 at 11:57 AM, Dzldenny said:

The YT settings are Public: anyone can search and view them. Unlisted: anyone with the link can view. Private: only people you choose can view. Under the private settings you can send someone a link but the video will not come up if you search YT for it.

Unlisted means its not searchable on YouTube itself. With the Red Power Forums being viewable to anyone on the Internet, your video would be viewable to anyone who views your post here, regardless of them being a member or not.