Couple of IH tractors

Big Bud guy

IMG_7014.jpeg

IMG_7018.jpeg

IMG_7016.jpeg

IMG_7015.jpeg

A 1486 that’s been all cowboyed up.  It’s as rough on the inside as it looks on the outside.  These are in inconvenient to get into but almost impossible when the steps are bent forward.  

2nd tractor is a IH 1206 with the wheatland fenders

• Like 6

1 minute ago, acem said:

I've never seen in person a 1206 with headlights in the grill 

That loader looks small on the 1486...

That’s because it’s a IH 1206 not a Farmall.  The loaders need to be switched between the 2 tractors.

30 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

The loaders need to be switched between the 2 tractors.

Meh. All you'd be doing is making it impossible to see out of the 1486 instead of the 1206. The 1206 won't be any gentler on that Great Bend loader. Heck I'm not even sure the Leon will fit on the 14 because the cab is so far forward.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, acem said:

I've never seen in person a 1206 with headlights in the grill 

That loader looks small on the 1486...

Lights were located on the grill of Wheatland and standard versions of International 1206’s because the round fenders were replaced with the flattops fenders that had lights.

Here is a TRUE Wheatland 1206, true meaning barebones, little to no options that a standard version or rowcrop would have This one had the narrow wheatland fenders (as opposed to wide coverage on standards), no 3pt hitch, no TA, no PTO but it had a swinging drawbar, hydraulics, and a fixed front axle. This one also has the Wheatland sticker above the 1206 badge. A true wheatland was basically a tractor to pull with in wide open spaces. This one also had big cast wheel weights on the outside of the rear tires. 

This was my great-grandpas 1206 he bought new in July 1967. 

IMG_6716.thumb.jpeg.a115f380febb0207e3860a8697a963f8.jpeg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Lights were located on the grill of Wheatland and standard versions of International 1206’s because the round fenders were replaced with the flattops fenders that had lights.

Here is a TRUE Wheatland 1206, true meaning barebones, no options. This one had the narrow wheatland fenders (as opposed to wide coverage on standards), no 3pt hitch, no TA, but it had a swinging drawbar and hydraulics. A true wheatland was basically a tractor to pull with in wide open spaces. This one also had big cast wheel weights on the outside of the rear tires. 

Nice tractor but I disagree that a true “wheatland” means no options.  

15 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

True Wheatlands actually have a decal on the side panels, and yes they were a low option tractor. If you wanted more options then you got a standard, not wheatland. 

Just because people call set back axle, big fendered tractors wheatland, doesn't mean it's actually a wheatland. 

"Wheatland" was an option package, and very low options at that. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

IMG_7014.jpeg

IMG_7018.jpeg

IMG_7016.jpeg

IMG_7015.jpeg

A 1486 that’s been all cowboyed up.  It’s as rough on the inside as it looks on the outside.  These are in inconvenient to get into but almost impossible when the steps are bent forward.  

2nd tractor is a IH 1206 with the wheatland fenders

Never mind trying to board the 1486. How in theeee H-LL do you get in to that 1206? Take a good look at both sides. W-T.F???????

• Haha 1

True Wheatland tractors are very rare here. Some in western Oklahoma but few made it here.

There were some standards in rice country. Full coverage fenders, setback axle, big single rice and canes on the back with single rib fronts. 3pt and PTO. These might have a 'Rice Special" on the side.

8 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

I edited my post a little, that one also didn’t have a PTO. Maybe not the best way to put it is “no options” but like Dan says, there wasn’t a lot on them that you could get with other versions. That’s how I have understood it and to me that makes the most sense between a Wheatland and standard 

Wheatland - little to no options (or very few options, however you want to say it) i.e. refer to great grandpas 1206 above

Standard - has any options that a Wheatland doesn’t have but not all options that a row crop would. 

8 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

True Wheatlands actually have a decal on the side panels, and yes they were a low option tractor. If you wanted more options then you got a standard, not wheatland. 

Just because people call set back axle, big fendered tractors wheatland, doesn't mean it's actually a wheatland. 

"Wheatland" was an option package, and very low options at that. 

That’s how I’ve interpreted it. Yes the one above has the Wheatland sticker.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Here is a TRUE Wheatland 1206, true meaning barebones, little to no options that a standard version or rowcrop would have This one had the narrow wheatland fenders (as opposed to wide coverage on standards), no 3pt hitch, no TA, no PTO but it had a swinging drawbar, hydraulics, and a fixed front axle. This one also has the Wheatland sticker above the 1206 badge. A true wheatland was basically a tractor to pull with in wide open spaces. This one also had big cast wheel weights on the outside of the rear tires. 

I always wondered if 1206's came with mufflers from the factory. Don't know if I have ever seen a muffler on one.

32 minutes ago, OFFTHEFARM said:

I always wondered if 1206's came with mufflers from the factory. Don't know if I have ever seen a muffler on one.

They all have chrome pipes like above 

1 hour ago, IHhogfarmer said:

I edited my post a little, that one also didn’t have a PTO. Maybe not the best way to put it is “no options” but like Dan says, there wasn’t a lot on them that you could get with other versions. That’s how I have understood it and to me that makes the most sense between a Wheatland and standard 

Here is we’re I’m coming from.  I have a IH 1256.  I consider it a wheatland because it has the big round fenders, platform extension on the back, swinging drawbar, and it originally had no PTO.  It has a TA.  That should not disqualify it from being a wheatland.  I agree wheat farmers didn’t need PTOs or 3 points but TAs were just as useful to a wheat farmer as they were to rowcrop farmer.  My uncle had a 1256 and he always talk about grabbing the TA.  I always think of a TA delete tractor as something southern farmers bought and the difference between a rowcrop and wheatland was what options each had and not which one was bare bones.

1 minute ago, Big Bud guy said:

Here is we’re I’m coming from.  I have a IH 1256.  I consider it a wheatland because it has the big round fenders, platform extension on the back, swinging drawbar, and it originally had no PTO.  It has a TA.  That should not disqualify it from being a wheatland.  I agree wheat farmers didn’t need PTOs or 3 points but TAs were just as useful to a wheat farmer as they were to rowcrop farmer.  My uncle had a 1256 and he always talk about grabbing the TA.  I always think of a TA delete tractor as something southern farmers bought and the difference between a rowcrop and wheatland was what options each had and not which one was bare bones.

the wheatland was an option or option delete package. not ta, no pto usually narrow round fenders 18.4 tires. there is a 856 wheatland close by i will take pictures of. i have changed more than a few wheatland 806 to pto over the years.  also ace talks about rice tractors, way back in the super wd9 there was a few super wdr9 in the area. hand clutch full coverage fenders and mud/dust shields. i dont know how long they carried on rice tractors 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dale560 said:

the wheatland was an option or option delete package. not ta, no pto usually narrow round fenders 18.4 tires. there is a 856 wheatland close by i will take pictures of. i have changed more than a few wheatland 806 to pto over the years.  also ace talks about rice tractors, way back in the super wd9 there was a few super wdr9 in the area. hand clutch full coverage fenders and mud/dust shields. i dont know how long they carried on rice tractors 

I know I have seen “rice special” on a 1206 before. I believe owned by Red Reaper. 

10009768-48CE-4C35-B943-2DE055D6D273.jpeg

36D79A53-36CF-4997-AAC8-8DBB4CA66C84.jpeg

45F36805-2ADC-429B-B130-062C33D5A38F.jpeg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, dale560 said:

Dad's 856 was a wheatland. Had a factory cab on it, ta delete, 2 hyd, 18.4-34 duals. Had pto but no idea if that was added or not.  Got a 806 wheatland here that is setup identical except it has a add on cab. IH Wheatland tractors were pretty much the norm here. Alot were only 1 hyd though. I think all have pto but again I have no idea if they were bought new like that or added on after.

20231018_175034.thumb.jpg.de22927336fde60a182a01792086bfa7.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, db1486 said:

Dad's 856 was a wheatland. Had a factory cab on it, ta delete, 2 hyd, 18.4-34 duals. Had pto but no idea if that was added or not.  Got a 806 wheatland here that is setup identical except it has a add on cab. IH Wheatland tractors were pretty much the norm here. Alot were only 1 hyd though. I think all have pto but again I have no idea if they were bought new like that or added on after.

20231018_175034.thumb.jpg.de22927336fde60a182a01792086bfa7.jpg

The wheat land “option” was pto delete. But over the last 40 years or even before they left the dealer the pto got added. I factory badged wheatland was supposed to leave the factory without a pto.  Like I mentioned before the wheat lands I know of in our area I actually put the pto unit into most of them from 1990 on.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2023 at 9:54 AM, dale560 said:

Are you saying the 856 wheatland had 18.4-34s or was it 38s.  The “wheatland” tire for the 4020 was the 23.1-30.  

7 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

Are you saying the 856 wheatland had 18.4-34s or was it 38s.  The “wheatland” tire for the 4020 was the 23.1-30.  

If they were wheatland every 806 I have seen factory stickers had 18.4 34, here is a perfect example of factory 856 wheatland 18.4 38 tires. You would have to see the actual factory invoice or sales brochure but factory sticker wheatland IH had 18.4 tires. Will ad more pictures from my phone later.

22321C76-719D-43E3-955C-6238F8B857D1.png

16 minutes ago, dale560 said:

If they were wheatland every 806 I have seen factory stickers had 18.4 34, here is a perfect example of factory 856 wheatland 18.4 38 tires. You would have to see the actual factory invoice or sales brochure but factory sticker wheatland IH had 18.4 tires. Will ad more pictures from my phone later.

22321C76-719D-43E3-955C-6238F8B857D1.png

Are those suppose to be the narrow fenders because they look exactly like mine on my 1256 with the same tire too.  Does it have a TA?