Pulled an all nighter

acem

Saturday alarm went off at 6am but was already awake. Worked a lot on the combine repairing the unloader system. Belt failed and replaced some other parts that were about to fail while I was there. That cable is a pain. 

After supper I went to my friend Debbie's house and we worked on my late taxes. About 1 am she asked if I wanted to stop or finish it. I said let's finish. We wrapped up at 6am and I went home (30 minutes away). 

Sun was rising as I got home.

Started laundry and woke my wife up as I got in bed just before 7am.

Woke up at 11am, fixed brunch and got back to work on the combine. After much confusion and work I finally got it back together right. Unloaded onto the truck and unloaded it into the bin just at dark.

Went home. Ate supper and reviewed the taxes. Found a couple issues. Called Deb, sent pics and waiting for her reply now. She texted saying my tax appointment was at midnight (joking). Im about to call her back to reschedule for the morning...

It's been a while since I've seen pulled a 24 hr shift. Did it many times in college for projects. When I was between wives I did it a few nights with women in heat...

I'm not as young as I used to be. It's a lot harder than it used to be...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

You must have some tax issues!  Must be making much.

We havnt did much of that anymore.  We have custom guy chop so done quicker.  Don't do all the milking like past.  Bigger disc and such so tillage done quicker.  I swear we must take better care of things sicne we just dont break down like we did in last.  Newer equip?  Few 11 pm nights then 430 morning normal day start though.  I also feel like after 10pm you get foggy.  If you start a job at 4am and quit 8-9 there isnt any problems.  Start at 9am goto 1-2am seems like more accidents 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acem said:

. When I was between wives I did it a few nights with women in heat...

....too much information    there, Ace...

.....there are a lot of old blokes on this site....that sort of talk could make them quite restless...but not 'stressless'.....:rolleyes:...on the contrary......:(

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My accountant of 40+ years had a massive stroke and were trying to figure it all out.

Still stuck on NOL (net operating loss) Cary forward from previous years. It's confusing.

My unloader system wasn't that bad but I've been working on too many things in addition to harvest and it's just me and my wife... Plus it's the first time I've ever worked on the unloader drive system. I've had the combine for nearly 25 years so that's not bad.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mike newman said:

....too much information    there, Ace...

.....there are a lot of old blokes on this site....that sort of talk could make them quite restless...but not 'stressless'.....:rolleyes:...on the contrary......:(

Mike

That was SEVERAL years ago @mike newman.

I was younger back then but I'd still try!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, acem said:

Saturday alarm went off at 6am but was already awake. Worked a lot on the combine repairing the unloader system. Belt failed and replaced some other parts that were about to fail while I was there. That cable is a pain. 

After supper I went to my friend Debbie's house and we worked on my late taxes. About 1 am she asked if I wanted to stop or finish it. I said let's finish. We wrapped up at 6am and I went home (30 minutes away). 

Woke up at 11am, fixed brunch and got back to work on the combine. After much confusion and work I finally got it back together right. Unloaded onto the truck and unloaded it into the bin just at dark.

Went home. Ate supper and reviewed the taxes. Found a couple issues. Called Deb, sent pics and waiting for her reply now. She texted saying my tax appointment was at midnight (joking). Im about to call her back to reschedule for the morning...

It's been a while since I've seen pulled a 24 hr shift. Did it many times in college for projects. When I was between wives I did it a few nights with women in heat...

Those were the days living off of 3 hours of sleep, 8 cups/thermist of coffee, a kwik trip long john, a monster, and then a mt dew mid afternoon. Felt invisible........then the mid 30's and family came.

1 hour ago, acem said:

Don't drink coffee, caffeine, energy drinks, etc. No little white pills. 

If I'm busy I can keep going. 

But if I stop...

Ok  Ace...yeah,  I get it.....the dreaded ''ol'  timer's''   issues  ......Uhmm.......so this is where you are at  ......??...:rolleyes:

Mike

20190731_124859.jpg.b03d89ca641a5c37fdef141bbcc29e64.jpg

• Haha 8

18 hours ago, acem said:

Surrrrre......you were at Debbie's doing your taxes.  Did you your wife believe that story?  Not sure I'd want to try that with my wife if I came home at 6 am and said I was at another woman's house all night.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You never get used to it, just deal with it. I work a 12/hr swing shift with a 2 day turn around between days and nights. First night back is almost always a 24hr slog because you were up like a normal person and then stay up all night also. 

• Like 4

I never had issues on the farm doing really anything,  work on stuff or in the field,  i could stay awake and get by on a sandwich and naps.

50-60 hours chained to a desk makes me want to jump off the top of the silo to end it all though.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Plow said:

When you hit the wall, you hit hard.........wall just isn't as far away as it used to be.....

That falling isn’t what gets you. Its the sudden stop at the bottom 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Redwings… all I’m saying. 

...yeah   Good Call !!...always brought Red wings  when working over seas, Seth.....Just to darn expensive though, imported into New Zealand .....:rolleyes:

Mike

• Haha 2