1440 combine flashing all zeros

Travis watts

I have a 1440 and on the knob that shows ground speed engine rpm rotor and fan speed it flashes all zeros and then when I throttle the engine up it shows steady zeros it doesn’t flash anymore , also I don’t know how to adjust fan speed there isn’t a rocker switch for it I was wondering if it was manual adjustment the machine is a older machine but seems to be in good shape any help is appreciated 

It’s possible that mice have chewed through the monitor harness.  There’s an access panel to the right of the cab door(looking from the outside).  Pop that panel off and check the wire harness for damage. When the display flashes 0, it usually means that it’s not getting a signal from the sensor.

The fan speed is adjusted manually.  There’s a 3 pronged hand wheel on the right side behind the front tire. Turning it in raises fan speed, turning it out slows it down.

Do you have a manual? If not, I’d suggest buying one.

4 hours ago, Mike56073 said:

It’s possible that mice have chewed through the monitor harness.  There’s an access panel to the right of the cab door(looking from the outside).  Pop that panel off and check the wire harness for damage. When the display flashes 0, it usually means that it’s not getting a signal from the sensor.

The fan speed is adjusted manually.  There’s a 3 pronged hand wheel on the right side behind the front tire. Turning it in raises fan speed, turning it out slows it down.

Do you have a manual? If not, I’d suggest buying one.

I agree, a manual for anything is valuable. A manual for a combine, corn planter and grain drill is a necessity. 

9 hours ago, Travis watts said:

I have a 1440 and on the knob that shows ground speed engine rpm rotor and fan speed it flashes all zeros and then when I throttle the engine up it shows steady zeros it doesn’t flash anymore , also I don’t know how to adjust fan speed there isn’t a rocker switch for it I was wondering if it was manual adjustment the machine is a older machine but seems to be in good shape any help is appreciated 

Could be moisture in the instrument panel.  A neighbor would have that happen but once out in warm air flow the display went back to normal meaning it dried out.  Probably means replacing as it will most likely get worse.  You will have to check on parts availability.

If it is a 1980 twin stick machine, the fan switch is a toggle switch by the trans shift lever on the left side of the cab, not a rocker switch on the right side of the cab by the light switches. Otherwise, like noted above, the manual adjustment is a three prong handle on the right side of the machine behind the front tire.