A truckload of happiness!

DT Fan

Rubber on the 'new' 450 is really bad. Really bad! Didn't want to wait around for used ones so went to the tire shop and ordered these. Fronts aren't as bad as the rears but still pretty rotten. Went to Titan in Pella and got some carb parts then stopped in Monroe and got the tires, had ordered them Thursday. Titans would have been $300 a piece cheaper, BKT, $350. Steve said he can't hardly get Firestone fronts now so, Carlisle it will be.

Edit; While I was at the tire shop I saw a new pair of 'Good Year Dyna Torque II's', they are lb/sb out of the Titan mold. Not really my favorite tire but not nearly as disgusting as the original Dyna Torques!!!

IMG_2583.jpeg

IMG_2582.jpeg

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

Yes!

Edit; Getting ready to put them on if you're not busy?

Maybe?

Stuck at work today. 😒 😄😄 the 560 is getting to need some rears pretty bad. The extremely old gum dipped FS are splitting in one side wall. Tube is showing.

7 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Rubber on the 'new' 450 is really bad. Really bad! Didn't want to wait around for used ones so went to the tire shop and ordered these. Fronts aren't as bad as the rears but still pretty rotten. Went to Titan in Pella and got some carb parts then stopped in Monroe and got the tires, had ordered them Thursday. Titans would have been $300 a piece cheaper, BKT, $350. Steve said he can't hardly get Firestone fronts now so, Carlisle it will be.

Edit; While I was at the tire shop I saw a new pair of 'Good Year Dyna Torque II's', they are lb/sb out of the Titan mold. Not really my favorite tire but not nearly as disgusting as the original Dyna Torques!!!

IMG_2583.jpeg

IMG_2582.jpeg

I know nothing about titans, I won’t be buying any more BKT. 

You can see in the pictures a jack-stand holding the tractor up. I built them some years back to fix a gravity wagon. They have been unbelievably handy, use them all the time. Don't see commercial ones that height.

The new fronts probably won't go in until next year. I want to paint everything and go through the bearings. The tires on the front aren't good but not near as bad as the rears were!

Heck of a shelf you've got there, considering it's holding up a Cub snow thrower!

I also love new tires......those would look perfect on dad's 656!!

7 hours ago, Mr. Plow said:

Heck of a shelf you've got there, considering it's holding up a Cub snow thrower!

I also love new tires......those would look perfect on dad's 656!!

Can't have too many shelves! That is a really nice snow thrower, would be nice to have it mounted on the 1450.

Carlyle are what the local Mennonite tire shop has been having the most luck for quality and price for implement and steering tires . 

Looks nice .....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Can't have too many shelves! That is a really nice snow thrower, would be nice to have it mounted on the 1450.

Looks like a narrow frame QA, might be SOL on the 1450 mounting.....

Must be a stout shelf to hold that up!

Just now, Mr. Plow said:

Looks like a narrow frame QA, might be SOL on the 1450 mounting.....

Must be a stout shelf to hold that up!

You could be right about the fitment, came with the 149. Been sitting on that shelf for several years now.

So, I checked the air in the tires this morning. Left is down .5 psi, right 1.0. Not too worried about that, could be cooler air temp or trapped air escaping.

• Like 1