Did the 1566 come out in late 1973 or in 1974......look at this one

Hydro70

IH went to the all red cab in the 1974 models and I always thought 74 was the year the fifteen come onto production but maybe they came out on the tailend of 1973 since this one has the IH man who does alot of equipment pictures on IH machinery or maybe they just had a surplus of white cabs to throw onto tractors to get them out 

IH 1566.jpg

• Like 1

1566/68 came out in later ‘74 as new for 1975 I think. That could also be a pre production model and they put a white cab on it if the red ones weren’t out yet. 

24 minutes ago, Hydro70 said:

IH went to the all red cab in the 1974 models and I always thought 74 was the year the fifteen come onto production but maybe they came out on the tailend of 1973 since this one has the IH man who does alot of equipment pictures on IH machinery or maybe they just had a surplus of white cabs to throw onto tractors to get them out 

IH 1566.jpg

I would bet an airbrushed picture or remake of a 1466. The back wheels appear to be 18.4 38 and tough to tell but 9 bolt duals and small axles.

• Like 1

IH photo studio loved the air brush!   Lots of early 86 series became tri-stripes in the art studio for the next years updated literature.....dressed up 14....

• Like 1

I didn't realize that the 15's were so late to the party. Makes me wonder if the 15 models had the highest percentage of black stripes of the whole lineup?

9 minutes ago, bitty said:

I didn't realize that the 15's were so late to the party. Makes me wonder if the 15 models had the highest percentage of black stripes of the whole lineup?

Bitty, I did the math on that once. 15’s are the highest percentage of black stripes by far. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

That was you that said you weren’t sure you wanted it after you bought it right? And I said you could send it to me. You  like it now don’t you.  Nice tractor 

I guess I'll keep it. 😑Replaced cab interior, floor mat dash cover. All tires have been replaced. Sold duals and front weights and use it on a loader and sprayer tractor.  Also on my 6 row 800 planter. It needs a TA and a paint job. 

Come to think of it great grandpa had a 4166 he bought new in December 1974 with a white cab. Serial number 11507. About 250 from the first 1974 model and 177 from the first 1975 model. 

I got to run a brand new at the time 966 back in my high school days with the Custom Cab on it. Also got to run a new 1466 with the white Deluxe Cab on it.

I preferred that Custom Cab over the Deluxe Cab. It was nice to be able to prop those doors open if you wanted to on the Custom Cab.  

But that 1466 was a Hoss. Lol….

• Like 1