Jump to content

Super c hydraulics


660 driver

Recommended Posts

So our super c has a homemade 3pt on it that uses the cultivator lift to raise and lower. It does not make fine adjustments at all. Its jerkey. We have a 3pt blade for it and its either down too hard or too high not doing anything. Anything a guy can check to get it a little better?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bj if you could move this to tech talk i would apreciate it. Guess i wasnt paying attention when i posted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like it's got some air in the system to me. You might try bleeding it if you haven't already. I'm not very familiar with the Super C hydraulic system, but if it's got a regulator on it, that might be something to look at also. 

Mac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, MacAR said:

Sounds like it's got some air in the system to me. You might try bleeding it if you haven't already. I'm not very familiar with the Super C hydraulic system, but if it's got a regulator on it, that might be something to look at also. 

Mac

Good idea. We have been using it this way for quite some time so im thinking it may not be air but the regulator could be the ticket. Ill try and dig up a service manual and poke around.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe there is a fine mesh screen filter that can be plugged also. I put a pressure gauge on he touch control of the 140 when I rebuilt it o make sure the valves were opening and closing correctly.  
 

https://youtube.com/shorts/CP3mJfdAKkg?si=DEMQjuErYcxShY_D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks todd. Might try that too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you have a three point then I assume you do NOT have fast hitch.  I would look at putting a fast hitch hydraulic valve and linkage on the tractor, and convert your 3 point to hydraulic.  In the end I think you will be happier.

The cultivator lift works, but they never seem great at fine adjustments. But your results may vary

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is also the possibility of learning to use what you have. I think what you are experiencing is if you move lever a little. Hitch doesn't move. Move it a little further then hitch moves to far. If you set the adjustable stop. I think you will find the hitch will stop at the same place each time you bring the lever to it from a distance. The thing to do is set that stop where you want hitch. Then when you want a little deeper. Raise hitch some and bring lever just a little past stop. Not so deep same thing only stop just short of stop. Should get what you want with just a little practice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I was under the impression the fast hitch on those used the cultivator arms to lift? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Those I've been around were not that way.  There is linkage to the cultivator lift used for fore/aft adjustments on the implement.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I was under the impression the fast hitch on those used the cultivator arms to lift? Maybe I'm mistaken.

The fast hitch up and down is controlled by an external hydraulic cylinder. The cultivator lift controls the side to side tilt and the front to back angle.

It might be worth the effort to pull the touch control off the tractor and do a complete rebuild on it. Drain, clean out the sludge, replace all the o-rings.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My suggestion would be get the touch control blue ribbon book . Not that expensive on eBay. 
Procedurally of diagnostics are in sequential so troubleshooting can be effective. 
 

the jumping after oil change the levers  have to be cycled ten times to get air out .

got get the screen out and flush it good . 
 

why I suggest getting book , I missed something’s ,been awhile for me . I don’t remember !

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Repeatability or fine movement can be pretty good on the Touch Control

Worn or binding linkage on the follow up linkage will affect this
also the plastic poppets in the control spool -- heat can cause them to distort affecting precision movement

You have to consider total stroke of the touch control arms to the movement of the 3pt hitch -- so a small movement of the touch control will have a much larger movement on the 3pt arms

The SuperC we have at work for moving machinery around , has the 2pt hitch (factory) operated by a control valve and cylinder -- small movements of the hitch are much easier than the touch control would provide

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2023 at 9:04 AM, snoshoe said:

There is also the possibility of learning to use what you have. I think what you are experiencing is if you move lever a little. Hitch doesn't move. Move it a little further then hitch moves to far. If you set the adjustable stop. I think you will find the hitch will stop at the same place each time you bring the lever to it from a distance. The thing to do is set that stop where you want hitch. Then when you want a little deeper. Raise hitch some and bring lever just a little past stop. Not so deep same thing only stop just short of stop. Should get what you want with just a little practice.

Don't know where my head was. This does not apply here either.

Hitch control valve is a normal open center valve in series with the hydraulic box. Unaffected by unloader or any followup linkage. Unless I'm still in a daze.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...