Aerial view

Lazy WP

Wind got a hold of the tin on the barn the other day. Lisa rented a 45 foot man lift and we repaired everything. While we were up in the air, Lisa got some cool pictures of the corrals we have built. 
Only things original are the solid corner and the west fence in the first 2 pictures. 

IMG_0386.jpeg

IMG_0387.jpeg

IMG_0388.jpeg

IMG_0389.jpeg

IMG_0390.jpeg

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Tubacase47 said:

I love the tractor with the Farmhand loader in picture 4.

That is my baby. Terrible starting, but I love it anyway. 800, that I paid $400 for. Other than putting an alternator on it, I have not spent any money on it. Guess Lisa bought a seat for it when we moved here. The old one rusted off and dumped her over backwards. 
It leaks engine oil, hydraulic oil, torque converter oil, and diesel fuel, but none of which are bad enough for me to fix!☺️

Lisa has a 830 Comfort King with a CaseoMatic and I HATE it. 

• Haha 2

Did a couple aerial shots myself roughly 2 weeks ago while up the silo when we were filling it.

20230926_083424.jpg

20230926_083422.jpg

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

That is my baby. Terrible starting, but I love it anyway. 800, that I paid $400 for. Other than putting an alternator on it, I have not spent any money on it. Guess Lisa bought a seat for it when we moved here. The old one rusted off and dumped her over backwards. 
It leaks engine oil, hydraulic oil, torque converter oil, and diesel fuel, but none of which are bad enough for me to fix!☺️

Lisa has a 830 Comfort King with a CaseoMatic and I HATE it. 

Never been around any of those. Curious why you dislike the 830 over the 800.

26 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Never been around any of those. Curious why you dislike the 830 over the 800.

The 830 should be a nicer tractor but it seems like it always needs a thousand dollars every time I use it. Rear tires, power steering, seat. 

IMG_1301.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

The 830 should be a nicer tractor but it seems like it always needs a thousand dollars every time I use it. Rear tires, power steering, seat. 

IMG_1301.jpeg

That pretty much describes all my tractors. 😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Did a couple aerial shots myself roughly 2 weeks ago while up the silo when we were filling it.

20230926_083424.jpg

20230926_083422.jpg

What’s your power unit on the blower? Is it shop built? Looks like it has an actual pto gearcase on the back? I’ve thought about making something like that many times to run grain augers. I always wanted to use a truck transmission so it would have reverse. I can’t count how many times a way to power something with a pto in reverse would have been great to have. 

27 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

What’s your power unit on the blower? Is it shop built? Looks like it has an actual pto gearcase on the back? I’ve thought about making something like that many times to run grain augers. I always wanted to use a truck transmission so it would have reverse. I can’t count how many times a way to power something with a pto in reverse would have been great to have. 

Not ours actually. Neighbor who we chop with created it. He insisted we use it. Brought it over in fact.

JD 404 from a 6600 combine. Home built cart. Fuel tank from some sort of truck. Radiator front whatever.  PTO gearcase he bought and at the moment cant think of the name that was on it. Screw in truck throttle knob to set the throttle. Oil pressure, coolant temp, voltage guage, and tachometer in a little control box that can be swung side to side. Depending on what side you are working from.

Used it to run blowers and also grain augers. If interested, ill probably see it again this fall and maybe get some pictures. ( probably end up helping him complete harvest before all is said and done, he has been hinting at this since the summer)

• Thanks 1