Trailers and truck to pull discussion

mmi

12 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

trailers are like boats.......they all do something well and compromise at others

how about a low trailer for smaller stuff

and big trailer for heavy/long stuff

get a trailer as close to what you want and make the mods yourself....

we have baby and BP trailers for that .

were not getting groceries or trailer queen. these are 2-10 hour loads with pre built,

Its hard to get the stealer to ignor me taking all these measurement notes

The MFGs wont give up a spec sheet. 95% of the mods are off the shelf item.but public  cant just buy XYZ part,and/or expect it to fit DEF even when its all dexter.

.and still... need dexter 12K, disc, torsion axle on PJ (only)spec, lamar frame on sure-trac width ,kaufman scissor lift, Dia c tilt deck,to fit suretrac width and odd pieces from landoll,control unit wiring only sold thru b wise ETC.

Our wagon builder can jig it up ,individual pieces $30K  and then you have to beg dot for a tag.

8 hours ago, mmi said:

whats this load and how is it legal?

trl load 1.jpg

Legally, that rig is in CDL territory.  Also legally, it is a grey area.  Depends on the occifer of the day, what state/province you might be in, and who owns the load.

I dealt with that once.  Tandem dual trailer but on a single rear wheel pickup.  18,500 lb tractor on the trailer.  Got a large fine for no permit (axles stuck over the trailer edge), and a smaller fine (!) for no CDL.  And they just told me to get the right permits and carry on. With no CDL!.  So after some horsing  around with permit co’s we waited until dark and vamoosed, sans permits.  If its dark no one can see the axles.

On 10/9/2023 at 5:06 AM, tractorholic said:

With all the requirements you mention I’m not sure they make the perfect trailer for you. Good luck on your search!

Its not an argument or competition, but request what works for you and why ,vs what does not( will not on this build) and debate the options/specs which no one will document and explain.

For what we NEED to do the job properly,safely and timely, 90% of the parts are off the shelf ,and sold EVERY day.

The issue seems to be not sold separately,or without stealer,and illegal to combine Bob's order spec with Ted's

tlrld2.jpg

I cannot speak from experience in goosenecks, but we bought a lightly used Cam Superline 12T tri axle, it tows like a dream until the Ford is perfectly happy with it as well As the dump truck, no weird wear really, but you can see a lot of rubber left in the road where it gets backed in around a tight corner . It works well and i am happy, I believe for high loads, like a TLB,  a tandem dual would handle uneven pavement better. There is a lot of side to side leverage with a tall load. 

On 10/10/2023 at 2:25 PM, mmi said:

Its not an argument or competition, but request what works for you and why ,vs what does not( will not on this build) and debate the options/specs which no one will document and explain.

For what we NEED to do the job properly,safely and timely, 90% of the parts are off the shelf ,and sold EVERY day.

The issue seems to be not sold separately,or without stealer,and illegal to combine Bob's order spec with Ted's

tlrld2.jpg

Well the stupid people from our area must have spread to your area. I hear it frequently, yep i can pull that, but can you stop it or turn it.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2023 at 3:14 PM, Finney said:

Well the stupid people from our area must have spread to your area. I hear it frequently, yep i can pull that, but can you stop it or turn it.

I was doing speed limit up 31 at Haywood and a f350 pulling a dozer passed me.