TD6 steering clutch leaks

Justintime, you have 3 compartment under seat. Right and left steering clutch are dry compartment. The center is you differential wet with gear oil and has seals that could fail and let oil leak into steering clutch compartment. 

Justintime, how much oil is coming out, is there a plug in the two inspection plates? if so leave them out, if they are already out clean the holes where the plugs go, if you're not working in water you don't need the plugs. Oldiron described it, keep an eye on the transmission oil level, if the seals are leaking a lot then the transmission oil level will drop pretty fast. A little leak will not hurt if you keep the inspection cover holes open so it can drain.

17 hours ago, louie figone said:

Justintime, how much oil is coming out, is there a plug in the two inspection plates? if so leave them out, if they are already out clean the holes where the plugs go, if you're not working in water you don't need the plugs. Oldiron described it, keep an eye on the transmission oil level, if the seals are leaking a lot then the transmission oil level will drop pretty fast. A little leak will not hurt if you keep the inspection cover holes open so it can drain.

Nothing crazy. After use maybe 4 inch diameter drip pool. There is not a plug in the inspection plates, 2 open holes.. I will recheck the transmission levels and see. 

20 hours ago, oldiron29 said:

Justintime, you have 3 compartment under seat. Right and left steering clutch are dry compartment. The center is you differential wet with gear oil and has seals that could fail and let oil leak into steering clutch compartment. 

Thank you! I'm guessing this is what is happening on the right side. Is replacing this seal a serious task? Or do you known of a good instruction guide/video you could direct me too? This is all new to me and man there's a lot of oil. I imagine I will have a near tear down build up in the next few years. 

It is a bit of a job yes, many can attest to the cramped conditions on a TD6 and being cursed with large hands, the fuel tank, seat and everything has to come off then remove the deck plate, hopefully someone previous cut it in sections or you need to deal with the whole thing, once removed then you get into the real fun part. The pic below was on a TD15 which has way more room but you can see the compartments that have oil and the steering clutch that should be dry