Farmers pocket ledger

MinnesotaFarmall

Similar, on the wall by the the phone in the garage had about a zillion names and phone numbers written on it in different inks and handwriting. I wonder if it's still there...

the local Co-oP used to have a long list of things on the back side of the calendars they gave out. It had bushels, pecks,quarts and so on with measurments for seeds and weights and gestation periods for livestock. But the board of directors took too many free trips to Hawaii and places and went down so now we don't get them.

Was looking for something else tonight and found the 2 I was thinking of. The better one has dad's name and a child hood friend of his name written in it. It has 40/41 calendar on the back.

The more worn one I may have gotten from a friend I worked with when his grandpa moved off the farm. It has notes from 1956 to the last date of 1972 written in it.

Also found this card in the worn one. 

20231008_194931.jpg

20231008_194939.jpg

20231008_195031.jpg

20231008_195237.jpg

20231008_195253.jpg

20231008_195301.jpg

20231008_195309.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Big Green made a pocket ledger up through the late 1980's/early 90's.  I have one that has the 60 series tractors, but does not have the 7800 series.    Somewhere in my desk drawers I have one from the Iowa Limestone Producers Association that has ear notches for hogs, planting tables, etc..

• Like 3

On 10/7/2023 at 6:26 PM, IHandJDman said:

20231007_181749.jpg

This brings back memories.  My grandfather gave me one like this because I was so tractor crazy.  I was a bit frustrated because it didn't have any more photos inside!  Being a pre-school kid, I couldn't read and relied heavily on photos.  Nevertheless, I knew that it was a 4430 and that it had a turbo!  When I learned to read a couple years later, I couldn't understand why Deere didn't have a cool 'Turbo' decal like the IH's did.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was tidying up a portion of my desk today and guess what I just found!  This was one of the last Deere notebooks that I can remember seeing.  The date coding on the back indicates that it was from November of 1977 close to when Deere's 'Iron Horses' first appeared.  I find it interesting that the 111th annual edition is listed on the cover.

Deere Farmers Pocket Notebook 1977.jpg

• Like 3