Another WOW

Lazy WP

Nice neighbor.  Nuts.  I wonder at what point when working through almost 200 cattle they realized this is not a good idea?

I assume the bleach marking will wear out over time?

It was nice when neighbors weren’t competitors. They were mostly friends and worked together. It’s just business now. My dads neighbor came over yesterday to complain that we were making too much dust using our grain vac. He rents his place to the local BTO and his grain handling facility is 10 times the size of ours, but of course “that’s different”. I have had my head ripped off by people in town because a corn cob flew into their yard from the straw chopper while combining the adjacent field. The semi trucks make too much dust driving on the gravel roads. We’re working too late and keeping someone up. It never ends and other farmers are our biggest problems. They’d just as soon stab you in the back and pay $5/ac more to get a farm from you. It sounds like it’s the same in Wyoming as it is here. 

• Sad 1

I have hauled a neighbor’s fence jumping bull to the sale barn before. Some people should not own livestock especially if they don’t work or live on the ranch. 

Well, our cows got out from time to time. Our neighbors cows did too. We would always help each other gather them up and even help each other fix fence once they were back in. However, if it was a regular thing for his cows to be trampling our property and crops... I suspect we would have taken different actions as well. Those dairy herds are all gone now in favor of cash crops. Pretty rare for grain to escape the bin and end up in our yard. Hasn't happened yet anyhow.

It appears Mr. Tucker Carroll may be in deep trouble.

He should have hired a lawyer against the cattle owner.

Now he needs a lawyer to protect his own butt.

• Like 1

Sounds like two neighbors that don't stop and talk to each other ever, too busy for even two minute hello. Also sounds like one side couldn't or wouldn't keep there animals in and the other side was short fused and irrational. Another case where "Respect thy neighbor" was forgotten and replaced by "selfish me".

• Like 2