Sunday threshing on a Saturday....

Absent Minded Farmer

The show this was shot at was in fine shape this year. Lots of new faces & some new (old) equipment turned up. The weather was great! The threshing went off without a hitch & yes, the belts on the threshers were in better shape this year.

One of the new features at the show is a Case thresher with one of the sides cut away & a motor on it to animate it. It turned out very nice!

Enjoy!

Mike

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Did you get new belts for it?  If so were?  I need a set for mine.  

find some used round baler belting and make your own.

Rubber belts are not the best choice for a threshing machine. I have had to deal with them on someone else’s machine. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Have you done it before.  These are belts are different widths so how do you cut them?  

A good sharp utility knife will cut baler belts fairly easy. I’ve seen baler belts used before on old equipment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

Did you get new belts for it?  If so were?  I need a set for mine.  

Don't think they are new. The owner of the threshers has a small stockpile of good used ones.

Flywheel Supply can still get you fresh belting. Please be seated when reading the pricing per foot.

https://flywheel-supply.com/belting/

Otherwise, keep your eye out for auctions. Think there was just an Aumann auction out in ND that had belting.

Mike

22 minutes ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Don't think they are new. The owner of the threshers has a small stockpile of good used ones.

Flywheel Supply can still get you fresh belting. Please be seated when reading the pricing per foot.

https://flywheel-supply.com/belting/

Otherwise, keep your eye out for auctions. Think there was just an Aumann auction out in ND that had belting.

Mike

When I bought my threshing machine, the belts were stored inside.  But when I put them on and started the machine, the belts flew apart so I'm not too keen on buying used ones or belting thats 100 years old.  Thanks for the link.  

• Like 1