2366 shaker bushings

WisIHCFarmer

How big of a job is it to replace shaker bushings? On my new to me 2366, the previous owner put new shaker drive bearings and top sieve in, (apparently they let loose and destroyed the sieve) but he didn't do all the bushings while he was in there, none of them have any play between the pins and arms, but I'm a little scared if the top ones went, the bottom ones will follow suit. So I'm wondering if I should try to change them now before beans? Or if they'll hold till I'm thru with beans and can do them either between crops or next year before harvest. We're still probably 10 days out from harvest. I need some advice. Thanks.

Make this special tool. Makes it easy to hold bolt heads inside combine. I need to add a tab to box end so head of bolt won't pop thru and spin. Would make it better.

With the tool it is possible to do the lower front ones without removing sieves, if needed to get ya finished for season... 😉 

20230925_160604.jpg

did my 1660 a few years back. pulled the sieves. A carriage type bolt or a anti-rotation welded plate would have been a good idea. That wrench is a good idea.

Just make sure before you tighten the bolts that everything is in the center of its travel. There is a sieve bushing installation tool, but various size sockets and a press works.

• Like 1

About 90 percent of the time I have to do shaker bushings myself. I've found that if you have a fast 1/2 air impact and a prybar you can spin the bolt fast enough to get the nut off sometimes it takes some prying on the shaker arms to help hold it burning can usually get the nuts off. Make sure to keep track of the washers also.

I usually take a cutoff wheel and cut a slot into the end of the bolt next to the nut.  I can then usually put a big screwdriver in that slot and get the nut backed off.  

I did all of mine on a 1440 last year.  Like said above, either make a press tool or find the right sockets to use for pressing the bushings in/out.  Those arms are cast iron, and will break rather easily when any side pressure is put on them while pressing.  (don't ask me how I know......)

A few years ago when i did my 2188 i just bought the kit from worthington and the arms that were available with bushings already installed. So some bushings in the kit i didnt need as they were already in arms. I needed 1 arm anyhow since the one behind the elevators would not take any grease for about 10 yrs. The whole deal was about 65% less $ from worthington than CIH. The bushings i had to install i put in the freezer a few days before installation, they slid in with very low force in the just the vice. Didn't have to use my press

Blackace parts makes a lot to use a hydraulic press to remove and install the bushings. Ive always gotten by measuring how far in they are pressed, knock them out. Make a cut off bolt with a slit for emery cloth. Shine them up put on silicone lube and press them in.