Super H engine

kchmn

On 9/13/2023 at 4:40 PM, Jeff-C-IL said:

Lots of H, M thru 400 tractors got Firecrater pistons installed - it was like plugging in a "chip" today.   IIRC, didn't the 450 come with a similar dome piston as IH finally wised up?   Thats what Dad told me once.

It was common back then to install different internal engine parts to get more power.     Can you imagine trying to replace pistons in a modern Iveco or Cummins engine in the backyard?

No fire crater pistons didn't come out untill after they quit building 450 tractors. 

34 minutes ago, JS Kight said:

I know I can get one through Reliance but, this power unit has so little wear that I would prefer to build it back with IH stamped parts. I may have to get a gasket set through them. 

measure/compare everything not nOS IH ,3x

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JS Kight said:

I know I can get one through Reliance but, this power unit has so little wear that I would prefer to build it back with IH stamped parts. I may have to get a gasket set through them. 

I have a set of Fire crater with large wrist pin, a set of IH "Extra Power" and  A&I domed p&s set

with Reliance and A&I you don't get the distributor advance kit included  and good luck finding one new  

The Extra Power kits is before Firecraters and is just the overbore kit with flat tops and small wrist pins, A&i have the large wrist pins

Can you post your zip code and I will get a UPS shipping quote the first of the week to have when I phone you

DSCI2013.JPG