2388 Rotor Setup

TB5288

This 2388 combine I bought was being used to harvest hemp, and that in itself is a whole other story. With it being used for hemp means it had a bunch of modifications done to it. Modifications meaning it had quite a bit of stuff removed. Spreaders, sieve, Cleaning fan belt, unloading auger spout, etc. I got all the stuff with the combine, just have to put it all back on. This combine has the standard rotor. I have a 1680 combine that has the specialty rotor. I say that because that's what I'm familiar with and I can't compare the 2 of them to solve my problem. On the standard rotor, it has the 4 straight bars the are behind the rasp bars. Is that all that goes behind the rasp bars? The straight bars had actually been removed also but it easy enough to see where they are installed. But is that all the standard rotor uses? No kicker bars or anything else? Like I said, I'm mainly familiar with the specialty rotor setup. 

Standard rotors could have small kicker bars at the very back of the rotor to kick the material off of the back of the rotor into the beater/chopper. IH had them, CaseIH used them up until 16/2188s and then they took them off for some reason(probably to save $$$). Then somewhere along the way on 2388s, I think they started installing them from the factory again....mainly from soybean guys complaining about congestion at the back of the rotor area.

If it's out put a set of Kyle rotor flights in there.  It turns out into a afx rotor and you will love it.  Best upgrade I ever did to my 1680.