fb mp??

mmi

So how does FB market work?

Issues

Search is useless ,IH as well as most any word , means everything,but what you asked for.

alert is turned on, but the "new" item is rarely there,but could be 30 rows down,mixed in the out of area (when its actually next door)

what is boost your ad into an ad? costs $$

No hope for those that argue they read the ad ,for $400 nos item picked up with $$ and want it, + truck delivered for $22.50 and/or AI pmt.

Questions?

Is there a way to mark off ads you read?  as they pepper them down the list 8-10x with different photos.

farmall parts exchange (a lot of DEFINITELY NOT IH on there) thru fbmp........There are ISO ads all the time "illegal" on fb  so I tried a WTB looking for rims,how do I get it out of "being approved/reviewed"?

order the new ads daily to the top like cL? so as not to look at 5K old items(with different photo angle) to find the 2 new ads near the bottom. Ie : 2hrs old and 26 weeks old side by side on line 40.

I don't have specific answers to your questions, but it seems in an effort to make the most sophisticated algorithm, they've blown right past usefulness.

• Like 1

I'm not sure either. Stuff disapeers and reappears sometimes. Stuff that appears and I've not seen will say listed over a week ago....

As a seller I think you can refresh your ad daily to keep it to the top. Also suspect that may be how multiple ads show up, or maybe because it's advertised in multiple categories. It is frustrating.

There does not seem to be an at the TOP...? which would seem to be an issue for both buy/sell/search.

I have to reset the ads every 5-7 days and they keep asking for boost to (an in app ad?)

Nos or alot of my items are going to be limited buyer and they are not going to search line 40 even if its 2hrs from first listing.

I dont mind a lot of questions,but an hour on my end and they were only trying to scam $$

I couldn't do multiple categories and choices are not even close on most.

I’ve had good success selling IH, AC, and JD stuff (primarily vintage sales literature brochures from the 70’s and 80’s), on Facebook groups. The groups are separate from the so-called market place.

You just have to join and get “accepted” into some of the groups before you can start selling your stuff. 

Some of these groups operate with an “auction” format. You can post your goodies, and interested persons can bid on your stuff. You can set your minimum price that you will accept. You can specify that the winning bidder must also pay the postage amount, in addition to their winning bid amount. 

I have been amazed at what I’ve gotten for some of my stuff.

I wish I would have grabbed multiple copies off the dealer’s display racks back in the day- especially of the tractors and combines literature. Who  would have thought that folks today would be willing to pay 30 to 50 bucks OR MORE these days for a pristine copy of say- a 1206, 1256, or 1456 literature folder. Dang I wish I would have stocked up on those free brochures when they were current on the dealer racks back in the day. Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda. Nuts, lol 😆 

On 8/29/2023 at 12:56 PM, Rick G. said:

I’ve had good success selling IH, AC, and JD stuff (primarily vintage sales literature brochures from the 70’s and 80’s), on Facebook groups. The groups are separate from the so-called market place.

You just have to join and get “accepted” into some of the groups before you can start selling your stuff. 

Some of these groups operate with an “auction” format. You can post your goodies, and interested persons can bid on your stuff. You can set your minimum price that you will accept. You can specify that the winning bidder must also pay the postage amount, in addition to their winning bid amount. 

I have been amazed at what I’ve gotten for some of my stuff.

I wish I would have grabbed multiple copies off the dealer’s display racks back in the day- especially of the tractors and combines literature. Who  would have thought that folks today would be willing to pay 30 to 50 bucks OR MORE these days for a pristine copy of say- a 1206, 1256, or 1456 literature folder. Dang I wish I would have stocked up on those free brochures when they were current on the dealer racks back in the day. Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda. Nuts, lol 😆 

Yes, I have bought a lot of stuff off the "auction " sites. Used to be able to get some good deals but not anymore. I have found lots of rare items on there however. Lots of good buyers and sellers on there and the riff raff is not let in or is quickly removed.