The new Farmall is....

Absent Minded Farmer

Electric!! It's also a bit anticlimactic. Looks like a small pumpkin farm & garden center special. They have to start somewhere I guess.

The plow is where they should have started. Not thinking you're getting four hours out of it pulling 3x14 or 16 though clay.

Also.... pulling that small puddle hopper is a joke when you can move a 285 ton A380 with a Porsche Cayenne.

(Yes it is a gas powered Cayenne. I'm just talking about pulling power in general.)

Mike

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

But wait...... THERE'S MORE!!!

And yes folks, I understand that it is easier to keep a heavy object moving than it is to get it started. That was demonstrated to me, back when I was a runt. One of my dad's friends at the railroad showed me he could push a boxcar, with a little assistance from a lever to get it going.

Mike

The Hostesses at Southwest Airlines in Dallas once celebrated by towing a Boeing 737 in a tug-of-war  using a line and their muscle power.  The plane is heavy but it rolls easily on perfectly level ground. They stopped doing the tow because the staff suffered injuries by mishandling the tow rope.  Large USN ships were often moved to a pier with 13 sailors on a 3" line. Much faster than using a capstan and no electricity needed. Ships weigh in at ~2500 tons, floating on water at calm tides it can be moved by 13 strong able bodies. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

The plow is where they should have started. Not thinking you're getting four hours out of it pulling 3x14 or 16 though clay.

Nope, doubt you'd get much more than 30 minutes of hard pulling out of it. This is nothing more than a gimmick to satisfy the greenies, and it's a shame the rest of the country is cowing down to them. Electric vehicles might be ok for the city, but they have no place in rural areas.  

Mac

• Like 5

Cmon y'all. It's got cool IH taillights!

I can see this being very useful for the ranchet owners. They are a large market for new tractors. I think it's a smart marketing decision.

But I'm not going to go out and buy one.

• Like 3

I could see this tractor having merits in a landscape nursery type application.  My concerns would be battery life, lack of resale, and most importantly safety.  I'll elaborate on the safety.  I would imagine it makes very little noise increasing the chances of people hearing it coming and the chances of running  someone over.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

I could see this tractor having merits in a landscape nursery type application.  My concerns would be battery life, lack of resale, and most importantly safety.  I'll elaborate on the safety.  I would imagine it makes very little noise increasing the chances of people hearing it coming and the chances of running  someone over.

It has some built in safety features to prevent accidents with people getting in area of operation. A few neat features like the “follow me” could be handy.  
110kw battery is equivalent to almost 10 gallons of diesel ICE produced energy. 
3 year or 8,000 hour battery warranty. Charges from 10-80% in one hour. 
B5DE4E10-8870-48E8-B9A2-2E76ABA52719.thumb.jpeg.85f6fb85815b1ffce54eae79e3a53238.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Awful.............first they put the FARMALL name on that....'tractor'.......an now there bastardizing it with battery power.........perfect......ill stick to farming with M's and F20's............ time to fire up the still and make my own gogo juice........ A friend has one of those new so called farmalls with a loader and hates it with a passion........but on the bright side i told him youl never miss it when its gone and youl never shed a tear when it goes down the road.......and in 50 years NOBODY will be restoring let alone collecting them LOL

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

Dear, Case IH

Please focus your energy and MONEY on something we care about. #1 go back to the drawing board and build a TRACTOR like you used to do.

AMEN!!

As things are, should I need to replace my “newer” tractors, they will not likely be a CNH product.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

Dear, Case IH

Please focus your energy and MONEY on something we care about. #1 go back to the drawing board and build a TRACTOR like you used to do.

And stop trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CIHTECH said:

Dear, Case IH

Ill and a small correction to your letter. Build a tractor like IH used to do. 

• Thanks 1

I'll actually start to pay attention when the manufacturing of any of them is "net zero" they are so ridiculously misleading and that's being awful kind right now

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MTB98 said:

It has some built in safety features to prevent accidents with people getting in area of operation. A few neat features like the “follow me” could be handy.  
B5DE4E10-8870-48E8-B9A2-2E76ABA52719.thumb.jpeg.85f6fb85815b1ffce54eae79e3a53238.jpeg

3 year battery warranty.  What does it cost to replace the battery?  That in itself makes if unsustainable. 

I could see something like this working in a retail garden center environment loading mulch, moving balled and burlap trees, loading palletized stuff, etc.  It obviously can not work in production agriculture as most of us know it.  The run time just isn't there.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acem said:

Cmon y'all. It's got cool IH taillights!

I can see this being very useful for the ranchet owners. They are a large market for new tractors. I think it's a smart marketing decision.

But I'm not going to go out and buy one.

Fairly certain I know where they got that design from.

Mike

s-l1600 (1).jpg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

3 year battery warranty.  What does it cost to replace the battery?  That in itself makes if unsustainable.

There's another cost to figure, too.   Let's say we get tens of millions of EVs - cars, tractors, trucks...what happens to all those millions of dead batteries?  Maybe we can bury them under ground-up windmill blades?  Or put them in a pit with used-up solar panels and hope they don't catch fire or leach out anything nasty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MTB98 said:

Lets hope they get "Safe Mode" ironed out. Those tractors won't do anything but sit there & look pretty if someone puts a cone on their hood.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattnovak/2023/07/06/waymo-says-activists-stopping-robo-taxis-with-traffic-cones-is-vandalism/?sh=1894ed62220f

I must admit, that's my kind of high jinx!!

Mike

960x0.webp

3 hours ago, CIHTECH said:

Dear, Case IH

A pre-merger red & white job would be fine by me!

Mike

3 hours ago, Gearclash said:

AMEN!!

As things are, should I need to replace my “newer” tractors, they will not likely be a CNH product.

Think I'd get a horse first....

Mike

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

There's another cost to figure, too.   Let's say we get tens of millions of EVs - cars, tractors, trucks...what happens to all those millions of dead batteries?  Maybe we can bury them under ground-up windmill blades?  Or put them in a pit with used-up solar panels and hope they don't catch fire or leach out anything nasty.

They can be recycled. Hybrid batteries, such as those used in the Toyota Prius, have been around for more than 25 years now. 

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a44022888/electric-car-battery-recycling/

8 minutes ago, mikem said:

How long will that run your 20KW (PTO) stand-by generator, when the power goes off in a blizzard?

Mike

Why run the generator when you can just plug into the tractor?

BFD2E39D-BDE1-479D-8F61-EED05091DE47.thumb.jpeg.a9cae9d255772c4d27bc7267db1b52b6.jpeghttps://www.caseih.com/en-us/unitedstates/products/tractors/farmall-series/farmall-electric-tractor

• Like 1