game time on bidding up a SHTA

mmi

None of it sounds right. Starting bid is $50. $100 increments but the total Is $5500. If the start was zero with $100 increments the total would be 55 bids. There is somehow more to it or the increments are different. And I’m not a math whiz by any stretch…. Must be the same way you take up 81 million votes? You know, that common core math….

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

None of it sounds right. Starting bid is $50. $100 increments but the total Is $5500. If the start was zero with $100 increments the total would be 55 bids. There is somehow more to it or the increments are different. And I’m not a math whiz by any stretch…. Must be the same way you take up 81 million votes? You know, that common core math….

$5500 divided by 990 equals $5.55 per bid

I think you nailed it Todd.........the new voting math

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My take on this:

10+(100-10)/5 + (500-100)/10 + (1000-500)/25 + (5000-1000)/50 + (5500-5000)/100 = 173 bids.

That is assuming every bid upped the ante by the minimum amount.

The new math? Haven't got a clue.

I understand I wasn’t using the posted increment scale. If there is 990 actual  bids they must have counted if multiple bidders put in the same bid. Say 33 people bid $500 that’s more total even though only one gets to account for that bid.  

• Like 1

I gave up at counting 250 bids, as min/max calls only. Even if 99 it beat the others  at 30-60b avg.

Naturally one has to protect the stake$$$$$$ (undeclared reserve) in a super rare SHTAT

and naturally the stats/proof./details......poofed just as I captured that!

I was thinking the new AI bids, are like bidder #7,just left the stadium,when you get 5 bids against your self in person and call them on it.

Yes there could be multiples ,at the same $ against AI , but normally if you try to split the bid or are to slow,and/or other prior bidder has a max in first,it will not let (me) bid 2x and only counts the raise as 1

Here 1/2 of the online sales , (in house/family) own 1/2 the inventory, and it ONLY ever sells at 110% > over retail $.

Saw last week two other regional BTOs where hawking that same in house "owned " china CRAP,and AI the bids.

5 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

my guess is the highest bidder will possibly win, but it likely depends on the absentee bidder after the fact results

Rather than a soft close staggered they held ALL 100+ item/bids over an hour,to give AI time to Faux real bidders into calling,

That was the winning stat if it met "reserve" before it poofed like elections.

4 hours ago, tractorholic said:

Didn’t know a Super HTA came in a turbo custom

Why yes absolutely………see what you have been missing all these years ??😂…..wait until you see the Gold demo ….🤣.

They all come from the same place they make unicorns and climate change 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

But is it an automatic like the 1206 in another topic? 🤔 

That would have been a TSHAT or “turbo super H automatic transmission”

• Haha 3