CASE 224

vtfireman85

A friend is looking at one, he asked me but I really have no idea. He’s not really experienced with this stuff, I suggested that even if it was in good shape it is likely to be a constant maintenance thing. Looks fairly decent however. 

image000000.png

image000000.png

Depends on what he wants to do with it. Lots and lots and lots of guys still using cub cadets as old or older. I don't know anything about them either. But most stuff from that time period was built to last. If he doesn't mind tinkering to keep it going it could make a dedicated snow moving machine or mower.  Most guys that run older stuff like to tinker and collect. Therfore usually have several units and so have back ups. 

It looks pretty good.

Tractor data says hydro with a 14 hp kohler single cylinder. 38 or 48 " deck. Built from 73 to 88. Pretty good run

Colt design them in the late 60s. Case bought them out in the early 70s. Thats when the 200 and 400 series came out. Case sold the line to John Ingersoll in the mid 80s? And they continue to built several different models until 2010 i think.   I have couple different models of them that I love but modern zero turns blow the mowers out of the water. They can compete with cub cadets and John deere for the amount of attachments.     They still have good parts support if you know where too look.

• Like 2

Just now, yellowrosefarm said:

I never thought the mower deck on those was the best design. Belt has to be really tight to not slip and that left hand throw of the clippings just isn't right. 😁

I dislike that about my 3pt woods finish mower. 

19 minutes ago, yellowrosefarm said:

Is that the one with the horizontal drive wheel and the mile long belt that goes around the block and over the mountain trying to get it's job done?

It has a very long belt, which needs to be replaced and it seems to turn awful slowly.