544 draft and 3 point control shaft seal leaks

Getting this ready for paint and it leaks like crazy, took it apart but want to know what I'm getting myself into and how to go about taking it apart and getting it fixed, any info apreactiated 20230811_140358.thumb.jpg.942437c16d82020fc83dd2e9566031e7.jpg20230811_183559.thumb.jpg.8d279e500ae5355991e8b4cdb8ce8483.jpg

Drive that roll pin out of the little lever in your bottom picture -- then you will be able to pull the shaft out -- be sure to line up the other lever inside and the outside lever , to a place that you can remember -- the larger lever has splines and will go in several places -- take a picture and measurements , or whatever you need to line it back up

You can remove the draft unit to get more room if needed -- put the lift arms up on a block some to get the pressure off the cylinder -- careful of your fingers , sharp edges in there

• Like 1

Just now, HydroTek said:

Drive that roll pin out of the little lever in your bottom picture -- then you will be able to pull the shaft out -- be sure to line up the other lever inside and the outside lever , to a place that you can remember -- the larger lever has splines and will go in several places -- take a picture and measurements , or whatever you need to line it back up

You can remove the draft unit to get more room if needed -- put the lift arms up on a block some to get the pressure off the cylinder -- careful of your fingers , sharp edges in there

I got everything off right before I looked at your post and realized how much I messed up, I didn't mark or measure what spline it was spose to go on, so I figure I got an hour of messing around trying to get it right 

Not a real big deal -- just you may have to pull the shaft a couple of times -- I would not replace the roll pin until the splined shaft was in the right place

The lever is at the notch in the quadrant , when the little "flipper" lever contacts inside (see the square headed bolt)

That should get to back on the right spline

Just set the draft unit back in and start a couple of the large bolts to hold it in place -- leave the orings out -- your gonna pull the unit again

• Thanks 1