Allis Collectibles

hillman

I was running the sprayer today on a farm I have never been on before. It has an old barn on it. There was an Allis Roto-Baler sitting in the weeds. There was still round bales in the loft of the long abandoned barn. It will fall in within the next few years because the owner doesn’t have any intention of saving it. I thought of this thread when I saw them. I don’t think think they are collectible, but they are rare to still see in a barn these days. 

IMG_0764.thumb.jpeg.47fc3c402d9ac662799e33a0ed6eadaf.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I was running the sprayer today on a farm I have never been on before. It has an old barn on it. There was an Allis Roto-Baler sitting in the weeds. There was still round bales in the loft of the long abandoned barn. It will fall in within the next few years because the owner doesn’t have any intention of saving it. I thought of this thread when I saw them. I don’t think think they are collectible, but they are rare to still see in a barn these days. 

IMG_0764.thumb.jpeg.47fc3c402d9ac662799e33a0ed6eadaf.jpeg

I recently made friends with a younger guy who wouldn't even remember an Allis Chalmers dealership and he would be on that baler like a fat kid on a candy bar🙂

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, hillman said:

I recently made friends with a younger guy who wouldn't even remember an Allis Chalmers dealership and he would be on that baler like a fat kid on a candy bar🙂

There are lots of them left here. Most are in bad shape though. They were everywhere, just like the combines. There must be 5 or 10 All-Crop combines just on land that we farm. 

• Like 1