Allis Collectibles

hillman

22 hours ago, CUB-3688 said:

Got this set for free from an estate clean out20230827_205502.thumb.jpg.176158dc05d7453ddf306bc67ed7434b.jpg

nice . this may be an ad for it. Not sure if yours is a Kelton from the ad or Product Miniatures- not sure what the difference is. I found the image of the NIB one online

Vintage 1/16 Allis-Chalmers WD | Farm toys, Vintage toys, Chalmers

allpl.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

When I worked at the paper mill our big rotary lime kiln was built by Allis Chambers. It was 500 ft long?

There was some allis farm equipment round here but not alot. More construction and industrial equipment. In fact there's an Allis trac loader for sale locally.

Twenty odd years ago a friend worked for air comp LLC. He said they were a division of Allis Chambers. They were an oil field service company. Seems like air compression and drilling tools. He gave me a pair of gloves and I found them today. They have the Allis logo.

PXL_20230909_224950694.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/9/2023 at 9:33 PM, nomorejohndeere said:

Don't know if it's collectable or not...

Screenshot (346).png

360865684_6744147868928689_7845430395409837423_n.jpg

358781006_6926754937352341_5288856719812033431_n.jpg

Ertl mailbox bank.  AC were not as common as other makes in my experience.   Condition will hurt value, but still a nice collectable. 

• 7 months later...
On 8/20/2023 at 4:59 PM, hillman said:

I have an Allis Chalmers scale ( machinist's) and I have been looking for it a week. panic is setting in 🥴

Man I was worried but I found it today ! whew  There's things I won't part with and this little scale is one of them

image.thumb.jpeg.9a4749aeb92567daea0a7fc7b74cbf40.jpeg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

That’s a good looking mower. Guessing a long ways from me. 

I posted that thinking of you. Its in Indiana I think.

When I was a young buck I bought mine for $250 and paid $300 for an excellent running W6. - an old Dutchman sold me that tractor for the price he paid in the 60s minus the price of a radiator that it required. I still think of him occasionally because he was so fair to me. 

So up here if a property owner lets noxious weeds grow on their property the municipality will order them cut before they go to seed and as a last resort send someone to cut them and add the expense to their property taxes. I did that for a few years and made 1000s of dollars with that old rig

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DT Fan said:

That’s a good looking mower. Guessing a long ways from me. 

someone jumped on it fast. it is sold this morning already

On 8/12/2023 at 9:28 AM, dale560 said:

That’s what it was mike a hd5. Overhauled it about 20 years ago and guy used it but let it set in his pole barn and it flooded was halfway sunder water for years and then the ice took barn down. The 21 crawler needed a crankshaft because an injector line inside the head broke filling crankcase with fuel. The owner found a welded crank in Louisiana and it was an ordeal to ship it here. But it ran when done. I can’t remember size of engine though. 

IIRC 844cid.  Used natural in HD 16 and turbo'd in HD 21

• Like 1

Parked here for the record -

A while back on an Allis thread (I don't remember which one) I mentioned that Allis had a factory that made crawlers in Italy.  I've never seen one but a friend got a look at an Allis that he described as "Sort of like a HD 16 but not quite".

I've heard that Allis took over the Vender brand line - on which there is almost no info on the net - I found this

https://www.grays.com/lot/0028-5049143/agriculture-and-tractors/vintage-1950-vender-tracked-crawler-bulldozer

I have a 1970-71 (Oz) Power Farming Technical Annual which has a list of non-current wheel and crawler tractors, brief specs and the year they went non-current (not sure if that is factory or in Oz).  I dug it out and got these -

Model                     Engine HP      Draw bar HP      Gears      Year Non-current

Allis 150H                                       57                       5/5          1964-65

Allis 250H               120                                             4/4          1968 69

(Vender DR80CS3                         75                       5/5          1959-60)

Allis 350                  165                                             5/3          1969 70

(Vender DR150                               120                      5/4          1959-60)

The two Venders have the same bore and stroke as the 250 and 350 and came in the same 4 and 6 cylinders.  The Allis ones were wound up another 200 rpm.

So that might suggest that Allis took over about 1959 and stopped production about 1970

I'll need help from Mike Newman here.  

I remember the front pages of that annual listed a small Allis wheel tractor that used a British Leyland petrol engine.  No details as those pages have been shed.

Allis did have an Oz plant.

Later

Could have been these - Standard was in the Leyland empire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allis-Chalmers_ED40

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

I'll need help from Mike Newman here.  

I remember the front pages of that annual listed a small Allis wheel tractor that used a British Leyland petrol engine.  No details as those pages have been shed.

Allis did have an Oz plant.

Later

Could have been these - Standard was in the Leyland empire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allis-Chalmers_ED40

I had no idea they had an Oz plant

theres a few ED40 tractors around ,ocassionally one will come up for sale This one is currently for sale on FB in Ontario

Product photo of 1963 Allis Chalmers ed 40

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hillman said:

I don't know the extent of what they built here.  I do know that the model number of our Forty Five grader looks like nothing in the Allis part books.  They have different hydraulic pumps - makes me think someone might have been making Hydreco pumps here - using them would have saved on import duty.

this is also for sale locally and I know the owner. 

I love it!

Allis Chalmers WM crawler

Product photo of 1940 Allis chalmers Model WM crawler.

• Like 1