Allis Collectibles

hillman

21 hours ago, DT Fan said:

All B.S. aside, Allis made a lot of really cool ****! I seem to have a weakness for such matters.

they bought a few companies like Gleaner ,Simplicity, Buda to name a few and somewhere in the family tree is Rumely. I reaallllyy like this Rumely thats in Ontario that does a few of the shows

17 hours ago, KWRB said:

Stop looking for it. If you're not looking for it, it isn't lost!

I can't, its not in me to stop while I have any hair left

https://rumelyallis.com/

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 11:57 AM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Our AC 303 square baler.

20210925_160843.jpg

20210925_161233.jpg

20210925_160530.jpg

We had a very good AC dealer in our area and quite a bit of AC equipment.  But I don't think I have ever seen an AC small square baler.  There was 1 guy in the neighborhood with the AC roto baler. 

Is that square baler an AC design?

• Like 1

There were several Roto-balers around here in their day from what I have heard. Still a couple sitting around in fence rows. Grandpa used an AC pull type combine for clover and such shortly after coming home from WW2. He only had the JD a couple years before he got fed up with it he said and switched to IH.

D019C300-9BE7-4B87-831D-E7D0CF0B42E2.jpeg

18 hours ago, IH Forever said:

We had a very good AC dealer in our area and quite a bit of AC equipment.  But I don't think I have ever seen an AC small square baler.  There was 1 guy in the neighborhood with the AC roto baler. 

Is that square baler an AC design?

As far as I know.  The last set of knives for the knotters came from England. 

57 minutes ago, hillman said:

Shantz Farm Equipment have a Gleaner L4. I would love to collect that machine👍

Gleaner is celebrating 100 years 1923-2023

Never heard of or seen an L4. I assume this was never a production model?

I grew up around an F, M2, and then R60.

13 hours ago, hillman said:

I looked it up and supposedly they had a Cummins engine in them, I don't think I knew or another here in Ontario, Shantz was a dealer- now an Agco dealer

From what I have heard over the years it sounded like most of them were imported in @dale560’s area. I think Swenson was involved in importing them. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

From what I have heard over the years it sounded like most of them were imported in @dale560’s area. I think Swenson was involved in importing them. 

Yes swenson took over the design or something when gleaner quit and had some L4s made at the factory gleaner had in Mexico.   I think he was a dealer in North Dakota and Canada. They stopped making them after a bit when it got tangled Up if they could continue gleaners design. Swenson has RV sales in Minot and Texas. If you talked to he or his kids they would probably know how many were made and why they stopped.  I know they are nice people and avid collectors of all types of machines

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dale560 said:

Yes swenson took over the design or something when gleaner quit and had some L4s made at the factory gleaner had in Mexico.   I think he was a dealer in North Dakota and Canada. They stopped making them after a bit when it got tangled Up if they could continue gleaners design. Swenson has RV sales in Minot and Texas. If you talked to he or his kids they would probably know how many were made and why they stopped.  I know they are nice people and avid collectors of all types of machines

If that doesn't say what a fine machine they were I don't know what does. 

Shantz made a nice little video of the 100th anniversary Gleaner arriving at their dealership. Good tunes and a glimpse of the heartland of Southern Ontario if anyone has not been here 

Our next door neighbor was the only one I know of around where we lived who baled with an Allis round baler.  Everyone else was square bales.  We lived between Springville and Marion on what was then Highway 151/64.  I graduated from high school in 71.

• Like 1

....I post this picture again....it was on the Construction     site....

...If you like working ground...this is the way to go....no cabs..blue teeth....cup holders  or other unnecessary   distractions...just some good Allis Chalmers diesel noise ...tracks  chattering along   and the smell of fresh earth ......and ,obviously...a 'clean  skin'      Agricultural mode    tractor....

HD6...one of several variants...this one gear drive......

Mike

IMG_2138.JPG.6d47a8da4a16b84a4a061b5d67e7d3edhd6.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mike newman said:

....I post this picture again....it was on the Construction     site....

...If you like working ground...this is the way to go....no cabs..blue teeth....cup holders  or other unnecessary   distractions...just some good Allis Chalmers diesel noise ...tracks  chattering along   and the smell of fresh earth ......and ,obviously...a 'clean  skin'      Agricultural mode    tractor....

HD6...one of several variants...this one gear drive......

Mike

IMG_2138.JPG.6d47a8da4a16b84a4a061b5d67e7d3edhd6.jpg

Did AC have a big presence in New Zealand?

Mike

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Did AC have a big presence in New Zealand?

Mike

...certainly did...right across the board in respect of   tractors...wheeled and tracked......but a limited amount  of ''farm machinery ''     as tariff   regulations  precluded most of the equipment from America coming in.... UK and NZ produced the basic   cultivation  implements  back in the 'daze'......however the ubiquitous    AC  round baler ,is cast into quite a few hedgerows   around the country.....

Dad brought an HD5  in 1951   , brand new...(he was big on tracks..... !!!)..this for cultivation...however, some few years later Dad's    B  in L   decided it needed  a blade and hydraulics    etc.....The hideous  creation my Uncle inflicted upon the HD5 , caused a slow but terminal decline...

Mike

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CUB-3688 said:

Got this set for free from an estate clean out20230827_205502.thumb.jpg.176158dc05d7453ddf306bc67ed7434b.jpg

That WD looks like a toy my Dad has.  His in new in the box.  If I remember right my Grandpa bought a new WD45 and the dealer gave them the toy tractor.  Dad was old enough that it never was played with.  

• Like 1